New here.... a few questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2005, 01:37 AM   #1
White99z
New here.... a few questions

Hi everyone. I am relatively new to the BP world. I havent yet gotten my first ball python but have been doing a lot of researching. I have decided that I want a female normal BP for my first one. I have the cage for it but I am still aquiring necessary parts (UTH, thermostat, hides, bedding, reliable local place to buy food until i get to f/t,etc.) I was going to purchase my snake from Ray's Reptilia until I stumbled on this site tonight and, fortunately, read the bad things about his practices on the board of inquiry. So I was wondering, where would the best place be to by my normal bp female baby for under $100 shipped? Thanks for the help guys. I will be sure to post pics of it when I get it.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:40 AM   #2
White99z
Oh yeah... another question (I couldnt find the edit button sorry). Does anyone know of any reputable breeders in Michigan either in the Grand Rapids or surronding area or in Flint or surrounding area? I would much rather drive an hour or two to pick out my snake personally rather than having it shipped here

Old 10-15-2005, 02:18 AM   #3
sirenofthestorm
Jeremy, Alex Hue is in the GR area, BHB, John Apple, Nature's Spirit and others are still in michigan but further away.

BHB is in the 586, and I think John Apple is in the Ypsi Arbor area with me. Good luck finding your ball python

-Whit

Old 10-15-2005, 02:33 AM   #4
shrap
Dont forget Evan Stahl. He has an ad running in the classifieds right now for normal fems. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=10&page=2

Old 10-15-2005, 02:34 AM   #5
Bill & Amy
Hi Jeremy,

I have read alot of good things about Joe Dembinski. It also seems he has alot of animals for sale right now. I know I found one with 14 female bp's for sale. If you look in the classifieds I know you will find him as Dembinski Reptiles. You can also read the good guys ads for others.

Old 10-15-2005, 03:00 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by White99z
Hi everyone. I am relatively new to the BP world. I havent yet gotten my first ball python but have been doing a lot of researching. I have decided that I want a female normal BP for my first one. I have the cage for it but I am still aquiring necessary parts (UTH, thermostat, hides, bedding, reliable local place to buy food until i get to f/t,etc.) I was going to purchase my snake from Ray's Reptilia until I stumbled on this site tonight and, fortunately, read the bad things about his practices on the board of inquiry. So I was wondering, where would the best place be to by my normal bp female baby for under $100 shipped? Thanks for the help guys. I will be sure to post pics of it when I get it.

First, Welcome To Fauna.

Thank you for not supporting those who ship snakes through the post office.
The alternative suggestions already made are all solid people to do business with.

Old 10-15-2005, 05:26 AM   #7
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White99z
Hi everyone. I am relatively new to the BP world. I havent yet gotten my first ball python but have been doing a lot of researching.

I will be sure to post pics of it when I get it.
Jeremy, I commend you on taking the responsible route of not only researching the animals requirements before you buy, but also for researching where to purchase an animal from.

It seems like you have a number of options for breeders, and I wish you the best of luck in finding what you're looking for.

Welcome to the hobby, and most of all, welcome to Fauna!
Please do post pics of her once you get her home.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:44 AM   #8
White99z
Thanks for the overwhelming response. Does anyone have any contact info for Alex Hue in GR? I found Evan's website last night from this forum but didnt see normals on his site. I guess he posted them all here. I sent him an email before I found that out. The pics of his look amazing. I will check out the Alex since he is closer and would be able to help me should problems arise. Its good to know there are some reputable breeders nearby. I currently live in Allendale (Grand Rapids) since I am away at college but will probably stay in my apartment here next summer. Home is Flushing (Flint) so neither of these two breeders are far from where I live.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
Dennis Hultman

http://www.alexhuereptiles.com/
616-835-5405

Old 10-15-2005, 10:23 AM   #10
Cat_72
Welcome to Fauna!

It's always refreshing to see someone who does all of their research BEFORE buying their new reptile friend, and thinks about all of their future needs as well!

I think you'd be very happy getting your new girl from Alex.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!