Yikes! Censored and banished from kingsnake.com again!... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
Gerry Binczik
Yikes! Censored and banished from kingsnake.com again!...

Two posts I made this evening to kingsnake.com's Feedback Forum were censored off the message board almost as soon as I posted them, and I am again apparently banished (no public declaration this time, though, just a refusal of the site to accept my login). And yet I didn't knowingly commit any violations of their TOS, I kept on topic for the forum, my language was clean and I avoided writing about anyone personally. Go figure, huh?

Knowing their penchant for squelching dissent, I did make a copy of my posts immediately after putting them in the forum. If anyone would like to see the posts as they appeared, I've since posted them at http://www.fieldherpers.com/fieldherping/ ; look for the thread initiated by me on this date (2/20/03) titled "Hopefully the last thread I'll begin here about kingsnake.com..."

Come on, support group, rally around your fallen comrade!...

Gerry
gbin@zoo.ufl.edu

Old 02-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
WebSlave
Gerry, you know you can post those messages here just as easily as you posted them on the other forum. Why not save the readers here the trouble of having to search for your posting?

Old 02-20-2003, 08:38 PM   #3
Ken Harbart
Interesting... it also appears that the "sweep it under the rug & pass the buck" forum (aka Feedback) is now also gone.

And I was just about to go there and ask about kingsnake moderators giving poor advice while logged into their moderator accounts. If I remember correctly, they have regular accounts for that purpose.

Old 02-20-2003, 08:53 PM   #4
WebSlave
Looks like another upgrade gone wrong........

Wasn't that Feedback forum PHChristy's idea? I guess JeffB decided he didn't like it much.

Old 02-20-2003, 09:35 PM   #5
Uffern
I wonder if all the people who were unreasoningly defending KS are still thinking it's their website, they can do what they want?

Old 02-20-2003, 09:49 PM   #6
bmm
I don't get it...

So now their is NO feedback forum at all? And you can only deal with complaints privately? Yeah this makes them look ALLLL the better!

Frankly, and no offense to Jeff B's apparent "good deeds to the reptile community" but it seems to me that he did great when things were small...but its going to take someone else to understand a larger public and keep a happy, busy, enjoyable forum without deleting posts at will and pushing things under a rug.

bmm

Old 02-20-2003, 10:04 PM   #7
WebSlave
Richard,

In my opinion, many of the strongest defenders in the Feedback forum over there sounded FAR too similar in writing style to one or more of the moderators for me not to raise an eyebrow and take them with a grain of salt.

Old 02-20-2003, 10:54 PM   #8
bmm
Not to mention in my two years at kingsnake I never saw any of them post anywhere else. But maybe I missed it.

bmm

Old 02-20-2003, 11:26 PM   #9
hanoverherps
Had to see it coming...

To Gerry---

Gerry, I don't know you, ditto, but I have been following your situation with kingsnake. Hearing all the other things going on with them, censorship, bannings,etc... I read up at the feedback forum they had. I for one saw this coming, ridding the site of the forum board. As soon as it really got heated up and they were kept being 'called out' on their actions, ~~poof~~ all is gone! Are you surprised?? Just another example of how wrong they are and how wrong their actions are. I also hope you spend some time here and share your knoweledge as well. This is a great place that has a very large group of good people. This site also goes without the censorship and unreasonable actions that the management at kingsnake has been displaying as well. I personally wanted to comend you for your handling the kingsnake 'problem' in the way that you did.

I think if you do give this site a chance, you will definately get the same feelings you originally had with kingsnake for this one after being here for a while!

Thanks for what you're giving us a chance to be a part of Webslave!

Bob

Old 02-20-2003, 11:28 PM   #10
ophidius
Unhappy I can't believe they did that...

I read here that they got rid of the feedback forum. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I realized this happened . I don't know what the KS people are thinking. I've gotten some good info off KS but now I don't know if I'll go on there as much now. BTW this is my first post here on faunaclassifieds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!