Show Us Your Herp Room! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
TattooLost
Talking Show Us Your Herp Room!

So, after seeing a couple threads recently that included pics of some pretty awful reptile rooms and tubs, I thought I'd go the opposite way. Let's do a thread where people can show off their herp/snake rooms. Let's see how clean you keep your rooms! Let's see if you're a scatterbrain or if you're OCD! Show the community that you give a crap about your animals!

Here's my "man cave" snake room. Wife won't let me hang my posters and such in the bedroom. I guess I can't blame her, at my age. Now I just need the daughter to move out, so I can have the bigger room! I will hopefully be picking up some cages this year. Obviously they won't fit in this room, so they'll probably go in the living room and house our favorites.

All three of the black racks are AP economy lines. The hatchling rack stacked on top is an RBI. The white melamine one and the one behind it on the floor are my poor attempts at homemade and serve as my hatchling rack during hatching season. Thinking of rolling it out of there now that it's empty and making it the QT rack. We shall see.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
TattooLost
For the record, that's how it almost always looks. I did move some boxes into the closet right before this pic, but that's where they stay anyway.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
TattooLost
Let's see 'em! You've all had a few days to clean 'em up! LOL!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
RTROUPE
I need more space!!!!!!!!!

Which due you prefer, Black or White?
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
TattooLost
Robert, your pics make me want to go buy a label maker. I'm getting tired of grease pencils. Thanks for the idea! And I much prefer black. No real worries about anything staining them, and the dust shows up pretty good so I know when I'm overdue to clean the racks (which I am right now)

Old 02-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
BugsInCyberspace
Here is a dizzying video I took of my mantis shelves a couple years back. Like reptiles, some species require different types of cages. Often, cages are just sort of based off of making the best of what's on hand. Just thought I'd post it because it's "different". Enjoy!

Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
RonzRoyalz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
Robert, your pics make me want to go buy a label maker. I'm getting tired of grease pencils. Thanks for the idea! And I much prefer black. No real worries about anything staining them, and the dust shows up pretty good so I know when I'm overdue to clean the racks (which I am right now)
Hey Richard, instead of a label maker, just get the 3M label addresses and print them out from computer to printer. Less clutter, less is more. Here's my pic's. I'm putting a flat screen in there so I can just watch tv in there and look or hold my darlings. My tubs have a hide, small bowl of sphagnum moss for humidity and either a pink or gray water bowl. Pink for the girlies and gray for the guys of course.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
TattooLost
Nice. I just use newspaper right now. Need to get more kraft paper one of these days. I don't use any hides or moss. When I see any of the snakes going into shed, I just start misting them once a day or so. I don't have any holes in any of my tubs, so the humidity stays up pretty good. The ones that do like to hide usually just get under the newspaper.

I wish I had room in mine for a couch and TV! lol Maybe once the step-daughter moves out I can get her bigger room.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
RonzRoyalz
Yeah, I'm single and have a 4 bed 3 bath on 12 acres. I have the snakes in a jack & jill room, so it has a bathroom between rooms. Very convenient!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
TattooLost
Very nice. Ultimately, I'd like a tile room with a commercial kitchen sink (think the big 3 tub stainless ones with a sprayer) to clean tubs and sanitize and rinse. We shall see though. I big tub with a good sprayer would work I suppose.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!