Yellow Naped Amazon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
spiritedaway20
Yellow Naped Amazon

I think this is my first post! I usually spend most of my time searching on here on the BOI or just in general :-\ Well, if you're not put off by that, I have a YNA that I need to sell. $500. If you are local, I will give you the cage too with his leftover toys. Not sure if he is male or female, but I call him a "he". He is, I was told, 14 years old. I can't tell for sure since I didn't raise him or buy him as a baby. I only know so much of his history.

Bad stuff:
-He is a one-person bird and seems to prefer females. He gets very jealous and will try to bite anyone other than his favorite person (or will bite his favorite person if a rival, be it bird or human, is around and he is stressed out).
-Has some rough wing feathers from a bad wing clip done by a vet. He snapped the feathers and found it very irritating. I will take pictures of this for you.
-was obese before I got him, so he has a slight benign fatty bumpy on face, but it does not affect him in any way.
-he is not a cuddler.
-if you take anythign from him that he wants or has, you will get bit. if gets tot eh top of his cage, and you want him down, use a perch or you will get bit.

Good stuff:
-steps up on perches and hands.
-plays by himself and doesn't scream that much unless the household gets really loud.
-plays with a surrogate enemy.
-hormonal periods and molting don't seem to be that bad (based on what I hear others go through).
-looves it when i scratch his head and help remove feather casings from head.
-Wants to be wherever I am and loves to talk/murmur to me.
-He is quite talkative, but not all of it is clear words.
-tries to mimick new words and sounds, sometimes succeeding lol

I think that's it for now...sorry if it's too long. Just PM me if I forgot anything or you'd like to talk over the phone.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
spiritedaway20
Found a home!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread