Ahhh - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
snunior
Ahhh

AHHH i hate that tons of people in the buisness wont een reply to me because i am a minor. I even give them my nimber ere they can talk to my parents. I HATE IT.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
snunior
I mean wont even reply to me. Man my spelling has gone down the drain.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
pogonadragon
I think realistically it's about liability because of the day and age we live in... if you are talking about you trying to purchase. I think that as someone who's underage you'll just have to get used to it. lol, as someone who is an "adult" now, looking back, it went by really quickly.
Maybe instead of you getting in touch with people, have your parents do it so there is no question or problem.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #4
pogonadragon
Sorry, when I say it went by quickly I mean being underage. Even though at the time it can be a pain waiting for that to happen.

Old 10-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
DAND
Talking

Deal with it Junior.

Like Angelica said, I'd have Mom's or Pop's do the contacting. If they don't know what they are talking about (i.e. type of animal) then they could always have you talk to them afterwards.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #6
Bringerofdoom
I understand where the breeders/sellers come from on this. You will too, when you get on the other side of that line.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
you may have better luck if:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snunior
AHHH i hate that tons of people in the buisness wont een reply to me because i am a minor. I even give them my nimber ere they can talk to my parents. I HATE IT.
I understand typos because I have alot of them myself but if you contact a seller with that many typos, they will most likely not respond nor would I. I may not correct typos here or on the forums, most here know I am bad at typing lol

But if I were you, I would work on being able to articulate what you want and type it well with a follow up email from the parents and a call from the parents to the seller.

I have free long distance so its not the money of the call, if the parent really wants the minor to have the animal they can pick up the phone and call me!

Old 10-29-2005, 11:00 PM   #8
snunior
Oh come on i was in hurry i was typing fast. All nthe e mails i write i type well and are spell chacked but the point is i say my parents dont know a thing about reptiles and that can we talk about the reptile side and the discuss the payments. AND, their responce always is i will not talk to kids. I always say my parents can talkl to you after we discuss the reptile part and i think that is fair if i know how i am caging it, feeding it, and taking care of it i should be allowed to discuss with people what they are selling if i start by saying my parents can call you.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
Ok, if they are as well typed and as spell checked as your reply, you need a new spell checker.

Kids and minors are 2 different things, kids are children of a very young age (or a baby billy goat which would be the proper term), Minors are about to be of the age of 18, say 15-18.

Minors should be able to ARTICULATE what they are looking for and be able to express it as well as being able to explain to the ADULT parent which is responsible for the purchase in the end. And yes be able to type it or use spell check to correct the type.

I've sold to one 13 year old, well that has since passed he is now 15 but he was able to express what he wanted and his parents confirmed the transaction by email and phone.

What you are asking for is for someone to just guess that it is OK to send you this animal and that it might be OK with mom and dad, and that you know what you want even though you can't express it in a typed format. That's alot to ask from anyone!

Let us now hope you are not in such a hurry to "take care" of this reptile you complain about not being able to buy!

Old 10-30-2005, 12:12 AM   #10
pogonadragon
The problem is what Wendy stated...
Just look at it this way: people who are selling any product to an underage person run the risk of potentially overstepping the parent's wishes which in turn puts the seller at risk. People are just looking out for their best interest, and are trying to respect your parents. I am glad that they do both!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!