Almost over Covid - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:57 PM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
You said you were exposed on Christmas. Were you with family and/or friends? Were you around anyone who was visibly having symptoms?
I was with my son and his family for Christmas, they thought they had been having a cold. They were not sneezing or coughing at my place, and had a great appetites (I made roast beef, and it warmed my heart to see my grand daughter tuck into the fresh home made bread) When it hung on my son's wife had a test which was positive.
It was very fast, only a few days later, that I had symptoms similar to theirs. I just talked to my son, he is still not feeling well. But nothing like Joe's illness or my first bout with Covid.

Old 12-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #22
Lucille
I don't think I've even mentioned that I have moved, away from the coast and toward central Texas where my son lives now. I will be watching my grand daughter a few times a week, who is gregarious and enrolled in a dance class, so from this point in I will have ongoing exposures.

I hope that such exposure will not lead to repeated bouts of covid but if this very infectious but seemingly milder model preempts the original covid at least I can be miserable without worrying about dying.

Old 12-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #23
JColt
Quote:
How are you feeling lately, in respect to the surgery you had recently? Got your stamina back? Or did this latest illness knock you back a couple of steps?
As long as I take my blood pressure meds I have been doing fine. Covid did slow me down this week. Luckily short week and I plan on sleeping in for a bit tomorrow. Over all good. Wife said no Honey Do list this weekend.

Old 12-30-2021, 05:04 PM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I was with my son and his family for Christmas, they thought they had been having a cold. They were not sneezing or coughing at my place, and had a great appetites (I made roast beef, and it warmed my heart to see my grand daughter tuck into the fresh home made bread) When it hung on my son's wife had a test which was positive.
It was very fast, only a few days later, that I had symptoms similar to theirs. I just talked to my son, he is still not feeling well. But nothing like Joe's illness or my first bout with Covid.
So what symptoms did they actually have that led them to believe they might have colds, if they weren't actually sneezing and coughing? So you don't believe you contracted the virus through airborne particles normally caused from sneezing and coughing?

Don't mean to appear to be prying, I am just curious about how this new variant might have changed the method it uses to infect victims.

I read somewhere that with this omicron variant, the time period from exposure to first symptoms is usually around 3 days. Likely no one knows yet if someone newly exposed is infectious in that grace period before showing the symptoms. One of the more troubling traits of the original virus was that apparent long incubation time, during which it was claimed that the victims were infectious to others.

I have actually heard people suggesting to have "omicron parties" sort of like in the old days when kids would be exposed to measles and chicken pox in groups to basically get it over with. Of course, with the discover of shingles 30 years or so later, this probably wasn't all that great of an idea.

But if omicron causes very mild symptoms yet gives some notable immunity to future infections, this might be something worth some people considering. But I guess we will see if this helps burn out COVID, or just the latest in a possibly long series of waves of waning and peaking infections. Personally, I am not willing to consider omicron as any sort of "savior", quite yet. Too much fake news floating about for me to be comfortable jumping off that cliff.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:23 PM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
So what symptoms did they actually have that led them to believe they might have colds, if they weren't actually sneezing and coughing? .
They weren't coughing at my place, they may have done so in prior days. They did have some nasal congestion and sore throat, and have ongoing achyness as do I.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:45 PM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
They weren't coughing at my place, they may have done so in prior days. They did have some nasal congestion and sore throat, and have ongoing achyness as do I.
i guess what I am getting at is what to you believe was the physical vector that caused you to catch the virus?

Sorry, but I have sort of become an information sponge concerning anything about this virus.

Old 12-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #27
Lucille
Quote:
Initially they were saying this virus remains infectious on stainless steel and plastic surfaces for 9 days.
Remember that on Christmas when they visited, no one was thinking that they had Covid. They, and I, thought they had just had a recent cold.
After dinner, my son's wife helped out by clearing the table and putting the dishes in the dishwasher and the stemware on the counter to be hand washed by me. Conceivably, kitchen counter surfaces could have been contaminated in the process because covid is found in saliva. From there, they could have travelled further when I used the countertop when I served dessert, or made coffee the next morning.

Of course as I understand it, just breathing and talking in close quarters may be enough to aerosolize a small quantity of virus.

Old 12-30-2021, 10:48 PM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
In a typical setting, only about 10% of the dust is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. Most dust particles are 5 microns or less, which are so small that they can’t be seen and tend to remain suspended in air for so long that only HEPA filters can take them out. This means that for every piece of dust you see floating in the air there are 9 more that are too small for you to see.
SOURCE: https://info.hughesenv.com/what-is-the-size-of-dust

Quote:
So the coronavirus is about 0.12 microns in diameter...
SOURCE: https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...ecommendation/

Seems like a lot of sources are ignoring an obvious fact about this virus. Once it is in the air, it pretty much STAYS there unless something removes it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!