Funny Gator Misfortune - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
GATERMAN1390
Talking Funny Gator Misfortune

So i was driving up to my cabin last weekend, which is in northern WI, and i took my gator with me. It was 5:30AM, i was in a hurry, and i wasnt awake yet. So i put my alligator's harness on him and through him into my shirt so that he could stay warm(it was 23 below zero). When i travel with thim i usually take him in a small box that is kept warm by heat packs. Well when i finally got on the highway and the truck was warm i went to put him into his box. Well i forgot the box... Well later on in the day i let my buddy drive so i could catch a few z's. Well anyway i crawled into the back and was soon asleep. I hadnt been sleeping very long when i woke up with a 16inch baby gator on my face. And then i got the smell... I took Jake, my baby gator, off of my face and tried to find the auful smell... Yeap i had been shit on, and i mean really shit on. I had just fed him the night before and a wiff of cold air must have gotten his bowels moving. Luckily he was in between 2 shirts and not on my bare skin. I had gator feces from my beltline up and onto my face.
I sat in the back for almost 2 hours with no change of clothes. WHen i finally got to my destination i ran into a Omish Cheese House and bought a very nice shirt that was about 4 sizes 2 big and had a picture of an omish guy looking for his cheese, on the back it said "Got Cheese? We do." with the same omish guy on it mowing down on a hunk of cheese. Basically my weekend sucked a little bit and i ran around in an omish cheese shirt.
I wonder if my lil gator knows what hes done? Little bastards, ya gotta love em'!

Old 02-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
hhmoore
The obvious question is WHY? Why were you taking an alligator out in conditions like that? Regardless of how cool you think it is to have an alligator, IT ISN'T A DOG!!! Unless there is a legitimate reason to take it with you, leave it home

Old 02-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
Tim Cole
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
The obvious question is WHY? Why were you taking an alligator out in conditions like that? Regardless of how cool you think it is to have an alligator, IT ISN'T A DOG!!! Unless there is a legitimate reason to take it with you, leave it home
I second that big time!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
GATERMAN1390
My apologies for not saying WHY i took him with me. I took him up with me so that the breeder that a got him from could see him and how WELL HE'S BEEN TAKEN CARE OF!. It was at his request. Anyways thats why i took him with me, when i told the the guy what had happened he had said that same thing that i was stupid for forgetting the box and leaving him in my shirt in the current conditions. I agree with him that it was stupid and it wont happen again without proper travel equipment.

But anyway i thought i would share my story with the forum in hopes to give people some amusement.

Its good that you looked for flaws in my care because it gets it in the mind of people that these aren't dogs, and their requirements are much different than any other pet. I may be a first timer but i know what i am doing. I do my research and i have long term plans to make sure that my lil gator is "good to go" for the rest of his life. I made an honest mistake, it probably wont be the first but i am trying and i DO learn from my mistakes.

Thankyou.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!