Wanted Looking to buy a Rubber Boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
ndcarril
Arrow Looking to buy a Rubber Boa

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a Rubber Boa. I would prefer a baby male rubber boa, but I'm open to both a male and female, and adults. Please send me a pm if you've got a rubber boa you would like to sell me!

I live in Ann Arbor, MI. I don't have a preference for shipping vs. pick-up, but if you live in the SE Michigan area I would be happy to drive and pick-up the snake directly from you.

Also, for those of you who are curious, I'm planning on getting a 10 gallon tank with a secured lid, an under-the-tank heating pad, reptile sand (Fluker's Natural Reptile Sand), some logs, a water dish, and a hiding spot (basically a big upside down cup with a hole).

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions / comments on the tank size / substrate. Let me know if you think the tank is too big / small, or if you have a better substrate you prefer to use with a Rubber Boa.

Thanks everyone!
Nathan C.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
Loyalteez
Sand is never a good bedding use aspen bedding or the compressed bricks of coco fiber called eco earth.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
onebigmoth
Sand can irritate their eyes, mouth, and vent, I second the suggestion of aspen, coir or even carefresh over sand. I keep my rubber boa on aspen because it holds her tunnels well, personally. I would also recommend a hide on both sides of the tank -- warm and cool -- so that your boa can feel secure and still thermoregulate. If you're getting a young one a 10gal will be fine, they're very small snakes for a long while.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
for sale, snake