Mexican black king snake prices? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-10-2020, 12:39 AM   #1
joseofsa
Mexican black king snake prices?

Hello fauna,

Really random question but when did MBK prices jump? I remember when i was in high school(07) I bough a pair of babies from a local breeder for $180 iirc. Now I am seeing them go for 200-299 each?

Did some law affect availability? Or did everyone stop working with them all at once so they became rare? Thanks Obama?

Wishing i kept them at this point. Was just wondering what happened.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #2
Indominus
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseofsa View Post
Hello fauna,

Really random question but when did MBK prices jump? I remember when i was in high school(07) I bough a pair of babies from a local breeder for $180 iirc. Now I am seeing them go for 200-299 each?

Did some law affect availability? Or did everyone stop working with them all at once so they became rare? Thanks Obama?

Wishing i kept them at this point. Was just wondering what happened.
Seems like a lot of snakes are jumping in price for no apparent reason, even when there's no genetics involved to make the animal worth the kind of money.

Doesn't seem to be a shortage of the MBK's available. (Least not that I'm seeing, there's an abundance between Faunce and Morph Market regularly)

Single gene kings that are very easy to produce and readily available should keep their $50-$80 price tag, but maybe it's due to Covid like everything else; people decide to start making a 'killing' on things because they can. Hard to say.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #3
joseofsa
Oh I see.

Pretty lame then if nothing happened.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:32 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
People are realizing that some of the Lampropeltis have been very underrated for some time, and are changing demand. The value of mountain kings, grey bands, and black milks has doubled/tripled or more during that time frame too.

There doesn't have to be some 'event' for values to vary over the course of more than a decade. Anyway, these are probably best considered Veblen goods, and as such don't follow supply/demand expectations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!