Red Iguana free to good home. Local! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Martinotti Reptiles
Red Iguana free to good home. Local!

I'm posting this here for a good friend of mine who wants to give away his red green iguana to a good and capable home. She is just under 2 years old and I'm told "sex-less" still, no one know what sex she is for now. Very pretty, maroon red with bright lime green underbelly, the photos don't capture the red!

MUST go to someone in the Central Florida area (we can work out how to pick up) and to someone who has knowledge about iguanas or is dedicated to researching their care thoroughly beforehand.

MEDICAL HISTORY
  • When he bought her from a breeder in January she was heavily impacted with pebbles, so after a thorough treatment she is finally cured. She eats well and drinks well. However, she loves being in a really quiet part of the house, we've noticed she eats better when not around people.
  • She also has those gray spots on her sides, we've done a skin scrape and no parasites detected, vet imagines they'll go away with her next shed.
  • No parasites in her stool either.
  • She lost the end of her tail in a struggle to be treated at the vet's office. It's healing well and it might grow back since she's young.

Photos

She's a good iguana, and she'll be a good looking pet for someone as her colors continue to get better. With us she's had the proper lighting, caging, supplementation, and nutrition.

PM me or e-mail me at Olimpia515@gmail.com with any questions.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Martinotti Reptiles
My friend is willing to open this up for ANYONE IN FLORIDA, from Miami to Jacksonville, we can figure something out. We're more than willing to drive halfway there to help this iguana get to her new, great home.

Please, don't be put off by her medical past. The vet's given us a clean bill of health (we can actually get a health certificate or something from him if anyone really wants that guarantee) and since the impaction treatment she's done a 180. She eats and drinks well, is active, and is doing great.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
jscianni21
i live near ocala fl i'm interested if no one else is been looking for a red for lil bit here

Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Martinotti Reptiles
Great John, if you can send me an e-mail at olimpia515@gmail.com we can chat about your experience with iguanas and all that good stuff

Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Martinotti Reptiles
She's still available if anyone else is interested!

Feel free to send me a PM or email if anyone else in Florida is interested in this girl.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
whodat711
would you be willing to ship it a few states over?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Martinotti Reptiles
Sorry, but she's no longer available for adoption. Thanks for the interest, though!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
markham149
Hello my name is brad I know its a little late for a reply but if you still have the red iguana I am very interested I just would like to know if you would beable t o ship it to me because I do not have a car because I have siezures and I am wanting to get and always have wanted a red iguana as a companion while I'm at home alone you can contact me through text at 814-730-5719

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!