conjoined twin bearded dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
VIPER10XZ
conjoined twin bearded dragons

Does any one have any info on twins?? I hatched out a pair on sat. They are eating great and healthy. I am wondering if anyone has hatched these out before. Any info will be great.... The vet said they look to be attached by muscle tissue only. I have pictures that i will post somewhere. Does anyone know the guy that collects two headed and twin reptiles ?? If so please let me know i would like to talk to him on advice.

Thanks
Brandon Niemantsverdriet

Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I had a pair of twins hatch out last year. They weren't conjoined though. While smaller in size, they did just fine. Just make sure they get enough food and don't get picked on. Other than that you treat them just as you would any other baby.

Here's a pic of them from my website.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
VIPER10XZ
I am uploading pictures on to my gallary now. I think. Sorry new to this site.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
VIPER10XZ
i guess i should reply now, i know someone will ask. Yes they have two vents.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
Robust_Beardies
How often do twins appear? Are they more likely to be born to a certain morph?? I understand that the babies would be smaller than usual, but is the egg larger than usual as well??

Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #6
VIPER10XZ
i think conjoined twins are rare. I talked rob and vikki dachiu,they have had but they died. They were attached by the chest, which makes it hard to breath. The egg looked normal.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #7
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigres13
How often do twins appear? Are they more likely to be born to a certain morph?? I understand that the babies would be smaller than usual, but is the egg larger than usual as well??
Twins in general are rare. The egg in my case showed no signs that twins were inside. It was the same size and shape as all the others.

I know Dachiu has had a conjoined pair but I don't think they lived. Sadly, I don't think there is much chance of a conjoined pair making it past a few weeks. Even if they did survive, it would be hard for them to get around and prospure. Beyond that it might even come down to a "quality of life" issue. It's certainly something to think about.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!