Any info on "Michael" selling the Pied hets? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-31-2003, 09:12 PM   #1
David Reid
Any info on "Michael" selling the Pied hets?

This guy is selling proven Pied hets, giving the lengths instead of weights. Anyone know of him, know the background of the hets?

Dave

Old 08-31-2003, 09:19 PM   #2
gmherps
I read that ad and ask him a question: He says the het female was bred to a "pied" male, and all the eggs were pied babies. Am I wrong; but that will only produce 50% pieds and the rest hets, correct?
Greg Holland

Old 08-31-2003, 09:20 PM   #3
dself40
Dave

Do you have any more info on this guy?The add ,email addy etc.

Old 08-31-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
gmherps
1.2 adult het pieds all proven
we will ship nation wide
Posted by Michael (Contact Me!) on August 31, 2003 at 17:26:01
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2003-08-08

I have 1.2 adult het pieds they are all proven breeders and very tame.the male is about 5 feet long and is eating f/t large rats he is the average looking ball.the first female is about 4 1/2 feet long and has pastel coloring she is also on f/t large rats.the second female is about 4 1/2 - 5 feet long and is eating f/t large rats and has average coloring and her last clutch was 9 eggs all were pieds she was breed to a pied male.I dont know the size of the other females clutch.I am taking offers on them cash/trade I will trade for high end animals only.sorry dont have pics at the moment but i will try to get some.I know what they are worth so please dont offer me low ball offers on them.thank you for reading and have a good day.
thanks Michael

<< Previous Next >>

This is from kingsnake classifieds.
Greg Holland

Old 08-31-2003, 09:26 PM   #5
David Reid
I just saw the ad on KS...

and asked myself the same questions you are asking yourselves....Pied male to het female=9 Pied babies. It is possible, but unlikely, but POSSIBLE, so I thought I would ask around and see if anyone has any concrete info on the hets. What happened to the Pied male too? If they are proven, I would be posting some pied pics too.

Dave

Old 08-31-2003, 09:33 PM   #6
Tacticalmaniac
Wink I got a bridge for sale

As gregh mentioned .... "on paper" only 50% of the babies should have been piebald and 50% should have been 100% het.

Good news .... genetics is a strange little field, stranger things have happened, if the het gene hit ON EVERY OFFSPRING ... YES, he could have gotten all homozygous piebalds, in a perfect world.

Bad news .... from what I've heard/seen ... a het gene (ANY het gene) tends to hit LESS than 50% of the time in reality.

MY OPINION: If you're gonna do a deal concerning these animals ... watch yourself ... sounds a bit shady to me. I'd walk away ... again ... JUST my opinion.

Old 08-31-2003, 09:34 PM   #7
gmherps
I guess it's another kid pulling scam, or someone who is REALLY desperate for alot of $$. When I got my hets, I already had a camera. Lets see: the ad has no weights!! No pics to offer!!! But by God don't low ball him!! LMAO! Almost as good as the boa/ball for sale on reptibid!!

Greg Holland

Old 08-31-2003, 09:39 PM   #8
dself40
I just wonder if this isnt the same guy?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=22896

Old 08-31-2003, 09:40 PM   #9
HerpVenue
he he he

you guys can't figure out who micheal is?

give you a hint.

Him and his uncle and his dad all have the same name.
because he says they all look alike

Old 08-31-2003, 09:42 PM   #10
dself40
Thats was the first person who come to my mind Rich but I dont like to point the finger unless I know for sure...Looks like my fisrt impression was wright...lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!