Illegal Immigration - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
Mike Greathouse
Illegal Immigration

I received this email yesterday and it got me thinking.

This is a very hot issue lately and I'm curious what everyone here thinks about it.

Quote:
Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own
borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did t he laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there. It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and
I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America ....if you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it as a good simile. If not blow it off along with your future Social Security funds.
Thanks,

Old 10-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Clay Davenport
I think that's one of the best analogies I've seen on the subject. It hits the nail on the head.
Something has to be done about the flood of illegal immigrants. I understand the desire to come to this country, and have no problem with those who do so legally, become a contributing part of our society, pay their taxes, learn English etc. The illegals though live a parasitic existance in our country, draining our resources in the public programs.

No other nationalities behave in this fashion. We have immigrant populations from all over the world, Europe, Asia, the Middle East. None of those people come to this country expecting a free ride and demanding us to learn their language. They come seeking the American dream, and many come with the entrepreneur spirit that makes this country what it is. This is virtually nonexistant with the Mexican immigrants. The vast majority come to this country with no more ambition than to do meanial labor fo rcash payment and feed off our government funded programs which we the citizens pay for.

Even here in rural NC we have a fairly large population of immigrants from Mexico, the majority of which are illegal. They come here to work the CHristmas tree farms mostly. They drive on our roads in uninsured cars with no driver's license. They keep our Health Department swamped receiving free health care, mainly having children.
Every couple of weeks out local paper publishes the arrest report for the county. Each time it's around 50% mexicans, and most often the charge is drunk driving, with some domestic disturbance and assaut on females occasionally, which puts further strain on our law enforcement.
There have even been mexican children in my son's public classroom who were unable to speak any English at all. It's little wonder that they are disliked, and resented for being here, but yet they feel entitled.
All this and as far as we can tell there is absolutely zero effort put forth here to get them out. I know the problem here is small compared to other parts of the country, SoCal for instance.

If our government fails to curb the tide of illegals into the country the burden on our system will only increase until it finally breaks under the weight of the freeloaders.
Even now we are seeing our elderly being denied assistance due to lack of funds while illegal aliens get food stamps and free healthcare all around. How wrong is that that our own elderly people are made to suffer and do without so those who have no right to be here can be taken care of for free?

Old 10-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
Mike Greathouse
Great post Clay!
I agree completely.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
this is just another example of why the focus on iraq seems really freakin senseless when THIS kind of crap is going on, and HAS been going on in our country. there are people out there, that spend long amounts of time waiting to get into the country legally to live here, and these people just come in and take all the housing/jobs/money that could be going to others that live here and are in desperate need.

And why arent local authorities in most of these areas DOING as much as they can to get rid of them? not to insult the local authorities ( or even outside ones) of course, but i just want to know why there isnt much being done about them coming into the country! or living in our towns. i mean, hell, they all live in one house in each neighborhood!!! its not like you really have to track them down!

I work at a Package store and i can probably say that 45%-50% of the customers that i get are Mexican and cannot speak any english worth a damn. if even at all!!
these people drive around DRUNK and come in after drinking! theyre on our roads putting our own families and fellow legal citizens at risk. (not to say there isnt a fair amount of legals that drive drunk too.. lots of people do it and its DUMB and NOT okay)

I refuse to serve them because they do not have State or Government ID's, and when fake ones are presented, i take them and keep them. ( we hand them in to our boss/managers)

If you go to google, and look for "fake id's" i think its one of the first pages on the results that you can BUY these dumb things online. i know this and keep every single id thats fake.

another big thing is, that was mentioned in above posts.. theyre driving illegally, in uninsured cars probably on fake plates too with fake licenses. why not just stop them right away, they wouldnt have any legal recourse in our courts because theyre not LEGAL themselves. they dont know any of the laws so i know thats not a factor in taking these people out of the country. i know a good upstanding lawyer wouldnt help them because they dont have any legal protection. nor the money to pay for any help.

my feelings are...if you want to live in this country and be a part of it, you have to work for it. just because i was born here dosnt mean that i can get away with HALF the crap they have been for years now! i cant drive a car illegally, and wouldnt presume to do so, so what gives them the right to it? I pay for my healthcare on my OWN. so what gives them the right to feed off of the taxes that i pay for FREE Healthcare for the kids they raise here!?

Old 10-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #5
Ginger Ambrose
Free loading while making $$$$

I am an insurance agent. I deal with 4-10 yr olds coming with parents to translate. They have Mexican Drivers lic. and have no problem when I explain that I will have to put them in as international lic. and this will cause the rate to go up considerably. They are driving fairly nice vehicles and are being financed through banks that would turn down most of "us". While hard working
theses illegals are gaining from both our welfare and jobs. Since quite a few are being paid "under the table". They have no visable means of support, but can get loans, and afford to pay $300.00 + per month on insurance? They are getting food stamps & AFDC (aid for dependant children). Medicaid pays all their medical, while our children go without or families go under to pay medical bills. Children born and raised in this country go to bed at night hungry, because their parents "do not qualify" for assistance.
I just feel that if you cannot take care of your own home do not invite others in to take care of.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
Rebel Dragons
Here in Tucson the evening news is just packed with immigration related issues. Everynight I watch to see how many more people died crossing the desert trying to make it to Tucson. What kills me are all of the pregnant women who die trying to make the journey. They wait until they are almost in labor before making the journey. If they give birth in the US the child is automatically a US citizen and the mother gets to stay too. How's that for a loophole in the system???

Another thing that gets me is the sheer amount of trash that is left all over the desert during the "crossings". Recently our local news ran a report on the trash issue and showed mountains of it. Tons and tons of trash, drugs, human waste, needles, cloths, water bottles, etc, etc........ There are pick up stations across the desert where trucks come and load up with illegal immigrants and drive them to Tucson and Phoenix. Apparently the drivers don't allow anything but people on the trucks and EVERYTHING that the person was carrying is left behind. Millions upon millions of dollars would be needed to clean this trash up but they don't even bother because it will just be back in a few weeks.

Just makes me wonder if anything can or will be done about it......

Old 10-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Here in Tucson the evening news is just packed with immigration related issues. Everynight I watch to see how many more people died crossing the desert trying to make it to Tucson. What kills me are all of the pregnant women who die trying to make the journey. They wait until they are almost in labor before making the journey. If they give birth in the US the child is automatically a US citizen and the mother gets to stay too. How's that for a loophole in the system???

Another thing that gets me is the sheer amount of trash that is left all over the desert during the "crossings". Recently our local news ran a report on the trash issue and showed mountains of it. Tons and tons of trash, drugs, human waste, needles, cloths, water bottles, etc, etc........ There are pick up stations across the desert where trucks come and load up with illegal immigrants and drive them to Tucson and Phoenix. Apparently the drivers don't allow anything but people on the trucks and EVERYTHING that the person was carrying is left behind. Millions upon millions of dollars would be needed to clean this trash up but they don't even bother because it will just be back in a few weeks.

Just makes me wonder if anything can or will be done about it......
of course nothing MAJOR will be done... because the war on Iraq is SO much more important....whos that Osama guy again?

Old 10-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #8
ZX11
Illegal immigration affects all of us in every aspect of our lives and I have some very solid opinions about how to handle this.

They need a place to stay. Anyone that rents a home to an illegal should lose it to the federal gov't. Period.

Work? Any business that hires them is to be shut down and confiscated. The person actually hiring the illegal is to serve a mandatory five years.

Social assistance? Anyone illegal applying for it should show a greencard and a valid state issued drivers license. Don't have it? Too bad. Consider yourself exported.

A private employer will lose his/her home and the employer will serve no less than five years in prison.

Illegal are to be taken to the border and warned if they try this again, they will serve 20 years in prison, located on te desert they are crossing. No A/C, no TV, no radio, no rights.

Any teary eyed, bleeding hearted liberals think this too harsh? Join them.

This is America. It is time Americans take it back.

The US dug the Panama Canal. I say we do it again. This time along the border. One mile wide, 100ft deep. The dirt removed can be transported to the outer banks of the Gulf Coast for levies to help protect the coast from hurricanes.

How to remove the dirt and transport it that far? Start at the coast and fill ships that will dump the dirt, or a conveyer system can be employed. Who will do it? Private industries comprised of American employees. Work to overseen by a private contractor who is voted in by Americans, not American politicians.

Now we can lose the number of border patrol agents.

How is this to be funded? By companies interested in using the American Canal for a shipping channel and by the feds. The money saved by not having so many agents will help. Of course, like the Panama, there will be a "per ship foot" charge. How much time will companies save by not having to travel all the way to the Panama? Lots. Lots of time and money so they will opt for the shorter route: the American Canal.

My plan saves time, money, stops {or least severely cuts} illegal immigration, puts Americans to work, generates income, saves shipping companies money, gets rid of useless feds, stops the illegals from working, puts them out of a home, and lowers the amount of damage caused by hurricanes.

Plan "B": Oust Bush and put in someone with some brains.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
John Apple
I live in Michigan and am SICK of having to press 1 for english , What country do we live in?

Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
DAND
When I lived in Northern Mexico er, um, I meant Southern California there was a big issue when they lowered the speed limit on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) due to the many accidents caused by illegal immigrants crossing the highway. I made a suggestion of raising the speed limit, which wasn't received well by the Hispanics that heard what I said (amazing how well they understood English then).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!