Tomato frog stays in same place - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 09-23-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
euges116
Tomato frog stays in same place

Hello, I recently acquired a male tomato frog. He stays under his hide (a tree hide) the whole time and doesn't come out. I also don't see him burrowing. I put the tree hide on moss, and so he stays on top of the moss (in the hide). Perhaps this is why I see his water bowl perfectly clean. He does eat though. He has a big appetite whenever I drop a few crickets in the tank.

I know the tomato frogs are sedentary and relatively timid. But is him not coming out normal behavior?

Old 09-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #2
euges116
Original poster - should mention I keep the tank about 75% humidity, and about 75 celsius during the day, 65 during the night. Even though I don't see the water dirty, I do change it everyday just in case!

Old 09-24-2020, 03:06 AM   #3
BlueCrowned
I don't know much about frogs, but a lot of reptiles will find their favorite spot and spend much of their time there. I imagine amphibians are probably similar? I would also give him time if you haven't had him long, he might just be scared/adjusting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
frog, tomato frog