Is this a scammer? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:19 PM   #11
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyb View Post
I received a PM from a user bestowedlord, with the same number. Was this person a scammer? The user name has zero posts, and joined today 6/15/22. When I searched the number this thread popped up.

Thanks
Buddy B
In the future if you think a user is a scammer just report the post or forward the PM to a moderator so we can investigate.

Old 06-18-2022, 05:15 PM   #12
blichtenhan
Suspect scammer

I suspect this phone number is a scammer, he texted me, wants to “ send immediate payment “, with cashiers check, buying for father in law, surprise gift, looked up phone number and found this, told me he wanted snake shipped to Pennsylvania, 19132.

Old 06-18-2022, 08:02 PM   #13
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by blichtenhan View Post
I suspect this phone number is a scammer, he texted me, wants to “ send immediate payment “, with cashiers check, buying for father in law, surprise gift, looked up phone number and found this, told me he wanted snake shipped to Pennsylvania, 19132.
Both your email address and cell # are in your ads, which makes it easy for scammers to harvest them and contact you since they don't have to create an account to scam you.

Remove them and have initial comms go through the PM system. That way if you get a bad vibe from a buyer you can have a moderator investigate the buyer's account.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:59 PM   #14
ThomasSkinks
I received a message from this scammer as well. Messaged me on here a couple days ago saying they were interested in the skinks I have for sale. Wanted to pay by certified check, so I searched up the number they provided and came across this post.
Hope nobody ends up actually sending animals to this low life.

Old 06-27-2022, 03:06 PM   #15
ThomasSkinks
This is the profile of the one I received the message from https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...r.php?u=224476https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...r.php?u=224476

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!