Training for venomous snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-19-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
brandonsmith99
Lightbulb Training for venomous snakes

Hi, my name is Brandon Smith. I am in the shrevport/bossier louisiana area. I have been trying to find anyone in the area that has a venomous handling permit and can train. I'm eager to learn and want to find a mentor. I understand the risks involved with venomous snakes but I am set on learning and getting the training. The reason I want to learn and get training is because I want to handle them and be able to educate others in the future. I would love to have my own personal venomous collection, nothing huge but two snakes I would love to have are the monocle cobra(Naja kaouthia) and the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake (Crotalus adamanteus).

Anything helps!

Thank you.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
Lvinc99
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonsmith99 View Post
Hi, my name is Brandon Smith. I am in the shrevport/bossier louisiana area. I have been trying to find anyone in the area that has a venomous handling permit and can train. I'm eager to learn and want to find a mentor. I understand the risks involved with venomous snakes but I am set on learning and getting the training. The reason I want to learn and get training is because I want to handle them and be able to educate others in the future. I would love to have my own personal venomous collection, nothing huge but two snakes I would love to have are the monocle cobra(Naja kaouthia) and the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake (Crotalus adamanteus).

Anything helps!

Thank you.

EDB are illegal in our state man monocle are great though. I’m in south west

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-21-2021, 08:32 PM   #3
brandonsmith99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvinc99 View Post
EDB are illegal in our state man monocle are great though. I’m in south west

That's a damn shame, EDB are truly beautiful. Do you work with monocles/ own any venomous snakes?

Old 12-24-2021, 05:35 PM   #4
Tim Cole
Check with Steve in Shreveport at https://www.stevessnaketuary.com/.

Old 12-24-2021, 09:07 PM   #5
Lvinc99
Quote:
That's a damn shame, EDB are truly beautiful. Do you work with monocles/ own any venomous snakes?

Yea I had a psychotic monocle for a year i regimes to my bud. But mainly like vipers my c. Atrox was the chillest I’ve ever seen currently only have a copper but looking for a baby Lucy monocle now

Old 12-24-2021, 09:55 PM   #6
brandonsmith99
From what I've seen, monocles can go two ways, crazy as hell or absolutely chill. Copper are pretty, you got a picture? How long have you been working with venomous snakes?

Old 12-24-2021, 09:57 PM   #7
brandonsmith99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
Check with Steve in Shreveport at https://www.stevessnaketuary.com/.
I'm gonna get ahold of him Monday and see when I can swing by to meet and discuss it. Thank you!

Old 12-24-2021, 10:08 PM   #8
Lvinc99
Quote:
From what I've seen, monocles can go two ways, crazy as hell or absolutely chill. Copper are pretty, you got a picture? How long have you been working with venomous snakes?

I’ve been working with hots for about 3ish years now. Good starter cobras are aspedilaps when you can find them. Act like naja but max is like 2’ and not nearly as potent venom. That was my first hot w/o being under mentor supervision.

Old 12-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #9
brandonsmith99
Three years on your own is damn good. Aspedilaps are very interesting in their appearance. Might consider it as a first if I can find a mentor and get my hours completed lol. Hopefully when I talk to Steve he has good advice and can point me in the right direction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
venomous