Who is the best...? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

View Poll Results: Who is the best deceased puppeteer?
Mister Rogers 8 25.00%
Jim Henson 18 56.25%
That woman with Lambchop (Isn't she dead yet?) 4 12.50%
Geppeto 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2003, 08:59 PM   #11
Uffern
I thought of including a few others, but these were the ones who stuck outmost in my mind at the time.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:08 AM   #12
robin d.
i voted for henson
but do you guys remember the letter people?? i LOVED THEM!!!!!

Old 01-18-2004, 02:11 AM   #13
KelliH
I cannot believe they were left off of the poll! Sid and Marty Krofft!! They rule!

Old 01-18-2004, 02:16 AM   #14
KelliH
Oh never mind, I should have read the poll question more carefully! The Krofft's are alive and well as far as I know. But really they may as well be dead since no one has seen anything produced by them since the 1970's. LOL Any of you remember The Bugaloos, Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost? Hmm maybe they are just characters I made up in my head to get through my strange childhood. LOL.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:43 AM   #15
robin d.
yeah kelli is a wanna be super star... she did a stand in a few years back.... poor poor kelli never made it big with the Kroftt family of shows....... (but she has those fond memories)

Old 01-18-2004, 02:46 AM   #16
cka
hmmm...had to go with Jim Henson, because the poll wasn't for "Best all around human being in a long, long time", which Mr. Rogers would be the champ :*)...In the Baltimore viewing area we had "Professor Kools Fun School", school taught by a local media person dressed as a clown...was terrified thats where I had to go to school...Fox 45 had "Capt. Chesapeake", with his sidekick puppet Moandy the Sea Monster (vague reference to "Chessie", the Chesapeake Bays' answer to the Loch Ness Monster)...got his autograph when I was seven...signed "To Matt, Ahoy Crewmember!"...Moms told him 3 times what my name was...he was *hiccup* distracted I guess...On a bright note we did have "Romper Room" with Miss Sally...Everyone remembers Doobie, as in "do be a good bee"....

Old 02-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #17
mycurlylocks
My vote was for Shari Lewis. What magic she created with sock puppets! I never once growing up felt like they were puppets. They were alive, you could see the emotions in the puppets and I could relate to them.
They got in trouble doing all the bad things real kids do. Best of all, Shari showed them love and that they would always be loved no matter what they did. Made me realize that I could be loved even though I didn't always do good things.
No strings, no one else to work the puppets, no other voice actors. Shari did it all with love, and finesse. I truly admired the woman when I grew up and realized that they were sock puppets and that she was able to perform that well.
Not technologically advanced, but she gets my vote for the love and the magic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!