return policies question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
stevet
return policies question

I dont want to smear someone's good reptutation so I am not going to post the business name here now, in case I am in the wrong, but I want to get some feedback. If I purchased a snake that was missexed, paid for the snake and shipping to me, shipped it back at my expense and the business offered to refund the price of the snake but not shipping either way, is that standard?

For myself, if I shipped a snake to someone and they let me know I had missexed it, I would refund both the cost of the snake, and shipping both ways because it wouldnt make sense for someone to be out some money for my mistake. But often things that make sense are NOT standard practice and I dont want to give someone too hard a time for doing what almost everyone else does. Opinions?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
hhmoore
This thread has been moved to General Business Discussions (if you choose to name the person/business, you will have to do so in the BOI...please review the rules for posting there prior to doing so, as this thread was not in the correct format for that forum).

While I agree that the buyer should not be responsible for the seller's error, and that all shipping costs should be refunded, some businesses do not reimburse for shipping. I would suggest checking the seller's TOS to see what the policy is.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
John E Dove
I think the non refund of shipping is pretty standard but it also stinks, especially if the seller was the cause for the return as in your case.
You really need to put this up properly on the BOI and name the seller in the title.
Also add all of your email contacts with the seller and if they have a web site post the link to their terms of sale.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
ssshane
is that standard?

I have had this happen to me as well when putting my collection of breeders together. I made it a point then that if I ever made a mistake and shipped someone the wrong sex, I would cover all expenses to make it right. Afterall, it would have been my fault, not the customers. Why should the customer incur any further expense due to my error. Just my .02 worth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!