Rich Z (WebSlave) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:26 AM   #21
Caryl
That's quite a saga. I'm glad you survived it. Hopefully your take may help someone else.

Idk why it's so, but it is apparently not unusual to have heart problems manifest the morning after unusual exertion. At least that's what my friend the ER doctor told me... Seems weird to me, but maybe that's from seeing too many TV versions of heart attacks. In any case, we're all pulling for you to be "one and done."

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-23-2022, 08:41 PM   #22
Dyscophus antongilii
How are you feeling?

Old 06-24-2022, 02:21 PM   #23
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
How are you feeling?
That would be rather difficult to answer honestly right now.

Old 06-26-2022, 02:20 PM   #24
WebSlave
Maybe I am just getting lazy. Earlier today I walked some compost down to one of the bamboo groves. I dunno, can't be more than 300 yards or so round trip. I figure the path we use(d) for a bike trail is about a half mile, and that sort of runs around the bamboo patch I walked down to. So that should be a pretty accurate questimate, I think. But heck, I am notoriously bad at estimating distances and such.

Anyway, I get back to the house and felt like I needed a nap. So I did. Sheesh... I feel like I have aged 10 years since Memorial Day.

But at least I guess I am still kicking.

I still don't understand why I don't feel like I have more energy after that stent was put into my right coronary artery. That should have increased blood flow to the heart, right?

Old 06-26-2022, 10:03 PM   #25
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Maybe I am just getting lazy. Earlier today I walked some compost down to one of the bamboo groves. I dunno, can't be more than 300 yards or so round trip. I figure the path we use(d) for a bike trail is about a half mile, and that sort of runs around the bamboo patch I walked down to. So that should be a pretty accurate questimate, I think. But heck, I am notoriously bad at estimating distances and such.
I too, am notoriously poor at estimating distance. But, you are not getting lazy. That is part of your body "reacclimatizing to your new normal."

Quote:
Anyway, I get back to the house and felt like I needed a nap. So I did. Sheesh... I feel like I have aged 10 years since Memorial Day.
Awe, it will get better, I promise!!

Quote:
But at least I guess I am still kicking.
That is very true and that is the right outlook!!

Quote:
I still don't understand why I don't feel like I have more energy after that stent was put into my right coronary artery. That should have increased blood flow to the heart, right?
You are correct. But, it still takes your body a while to adjust. Plus, you will need another stent, correct? If so, you will also feel better, when your heart and or body has increased blood flow, overall.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:29 PM   #26
WebSlave
Well, the question was asked of me, and I didn't have an answer for it, if two or my coronary arteries were (one is still) blocked, what about all the rest of the arteries and veins coming to and from the heart? Wouldn't they be affected by the same issue that blocked off the coronary arteries? Or is that a question that would be better off not asked in front of Connie?

Old 06-27-2022, 11:56 AM   #27
Insomniac101
Quote:
Well, the question was asked of me, and I didn't have an answer for it, if two or my coronary arteries were (one is still) blocked, what about all the rest of the arteries and veins coming to and from the heart? Wouldn't they be affected by the same issue that blocked off the coronary arteries? Or is that a question that would be better off not asked in front of Connie?
Rich, Google "coronary artery anatomy". Those arteries are tiny, when compared to major vessels like the aorta, femoral, etc. That's why they're the first to become blocked.

I hope that you start to feel better. My brother had two stents put in at the same time, and said it took a few months before he had more energy. We credit the FAA with saving his life. He's a commercial airline pilot, and because he's also diabetic, the FAA required an echocardiogram for renewal of his Airman Medical Certificate. An abnormality in the echo prompted cardiac catheterization, where two arteries had 90%, and 95% blockages. What's weird, is that he was completely asymptomatic, and never would have sought out having those diagnostic tests done.

Anyway, they forced him to retire, as the FAA only allows pilots one stent. He was as active as you are, and never had a clue that there was a serious problem.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:06 PM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Rich, Google "coronary artery anatomy". Those arteries are tiny, when compared to major vessels like the aorta, femoral, etc. That's why they're the first to become blocked.

I hope that you start to feel better. My brother had two stents put in at the same time, and said it took a few months before he had more energy. We credit the FAA with saving his life. He's a commercial airline pilot, and because he's also diabetic, the FAA required an echocardiogram for renewal of his Airman Medical Certificate. An abnormality in the echo prompted cardiac catheterization, where two arteries had 90%, and 95% blockages. What's weird, is that he was completely asymptomatic, and never would have sought out having those diagnostic tests done.

Anyway, they forced him to retire, as the FAA only allows pilots one stent. He was as active as you are, and never had a clue that there was a serious problem.
Probably a good thing he didn't sink a mailbox post into the ground. I know for a fact that that will weed out us folks with clogged coronary arteries.

Can't recall if I mentioned it before, but one of the cardiologists that I saw while in Intensive Care told me that I had an unusual configuration of the heart arteries. Only something like 15% of the population have a similar arrangement. Perhaps that helped me survive? So does that make me a mutant? X-man material? Wish I had other powers other than "able to survive a heart attack". Telekinesis would be cool. Wouldn't even have to get up to make a sandwich.

So, I wonder if I am going to have to wait for that second stent and then a few months later to start feeling more normal? I guess it is just as well. The yellow flies are pretty much gone around here, but it has been pretty darn hot outside. Connie is scared to death I am going to have another heart attack just walking down to the mailbox. When I am puttering around in the garage or the old reptile building, I can't be gone too long before she starts getting really worried about me. One of my mosquito magnets appears to need a new fuel nozzle put in, so that is on my list of things to do today, IF I feel ambitious enough. It is only a 15 minute job, so not too taxing. And I guess it isn't good to be a couch potato 100% of the day. I am actually up to 150 lbs, so I am no longer losing weight. But it certainly isn't muscle I am putting on.

Old 06-28-2022, 07:53 PM   #29
Insomniac101
Yeah, hard to say. The heart stays quiet, just doing its job, until it decides not to. You seem like you've been active all your life. Stayed a decent weight, and you two eat pretty healthy, judging from your past posts. Maybe we're all ticking time bombs!

Did your cardiologist put you on a low-dose aspirin regimen? Usually 81mg tablets, one a day. Because of my mom having a heart attack, and my brother's incident, my doctor said it couldn't hurt for me to start on it. Bayer even makes a separate product specifically for cardiac patients. Did they start you on a statin as well? (Lipitor, Zocor, Crestor)

Old 06-28-2022, 08:58 PM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Yeah, hard to say. The heart stays quiet, just doing its job, until it decides not to. You seem like you've been active all your life. Stayed a decent weight, and you two eat pretty healthy, judging from your past posts. Maybe we're all ticking time bombs!

Did your cardiologist put you on a low-dose aspirin regimen? Usually 81mg tablets, one a day. Because of my mom having a heart attack, and my brother's incident, my doctor said it couldn't hurt for me to start on it. Bayer even makes a separate product specifically for cardiac patients. Did they start you on a statin as well? (Lipitor, Zocor, Crestor)
Yeah...
  • 81 mg low dose aspirin
  • 10 mg Prasugrel (blood thinner)
  • 80 mg Atorvastatin (I believe for cholesterol. Even though my cholesterol numbers have never been bad during my yearly blood letting checks)

Not sure that blood thinner is doing me good, since lately I seem to bruise a LOT easier than I have in the past. I could smack myself on the arm with a ball peen hammer and not get a bruise before all this. Not just a moderate impact or constant pressure in a small area will create a bruise. For instance, today I was putting some material on some brackets for my laptop and a mouse platform and I had to press in some plastic pins into holes to hold the fabric in place. Took a lot of pressure using my thumbs, and on my left hand the finger that wound up applying pressure from underneath got a bruise right at the crease of the fingertip. Then earlier I was carrying some stuff over from the garage to the old reptile building and I was carrying more items than I should have, so I was pressing them against my stomach with one arm as I fiddled to get my key out. Wound up with a silver dollar sized bruise on my stomach area from that.

Heck, I dunno. I always associated easy bruising with weak vein and artery walls. I have a call into my cardiologist (well one of them anyway) about this. Of course, my primary care physician called in for a refill of my Prasugrel supply, and she got me a 90 day supply of it. So if the cardiologist changes my prescription I'll have a bunch of useless pills on hand. And those things aren't cheap if you don't have insurance covering it. Sure would hate to waste them all. They don't have a mark on them to easily split them, neither. Well, maybe take one every other day instead of every day? Perhaps doctors don't worry about that since they get their commission anyway.

Hmm, I had one of the last of the yellow flies chew on my arm today, and drew blood. But I don't see a mark from that. Maybe with the blood thinner she got more than she bargained for and choked.

We have a LOT of dragon flies around here lately, so I hope they are helping to keep the yellow fly and mosquito population in check. I talk to them a lot, and they seem like they aren't a bit afraid of humans. Probably my favorite insect type critter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!