Problem uploading images via attachments - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-25-2023, 11:51 AM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Problem uploading images via attachments

Yes, I know there is a problem uploading photo attachments to threads. This is particularly an issue in the classifieds section.

I have asked both the server techs and my programmer to take a look at it. I suspect an update in the server level OS software is the cause, as there were some updates done just prior to the problem showing up.

As for an ETA as to when it will be fixed? Wish I could tell you that.......

Old 02-25-2023, 04:36 PM   #2
WebSlave
Still broken. No word from any of the techs giving any indication that they even know what the cause of the problem is.

Old 02-26-2023, 08:43 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
Working.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2023, 09:15 PM   #4
WebSlave
Trying my own test.......(not that I doubt anyone else's)
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2023, 09:18 PM   #5
WebSlave
Well hell. Last message I got from the server guys was that they were waiting to hear back from Cpanel about how to address the problem. In the meantime, ALL my vBulletin based websites were down hard since around 5:30pm EST.

Yeah, THAT was pushing my blood pressure through the roof!

As for who or what fixed it all, beats the living hell out of me. Best I can tell, unless Sinan came in through the server itself, he hasn't been in here. And the last correspondence from my server people didn't give me any clue that they were expecting a fix any time soon.

Again, beats the living hell out of me.......

Old 02-26-2023, 09:22 PM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
I am happy to accept a "The Fonz" solution.

Old 02-27-2023, 03:25 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Wish it had been that simple. Last reboot of the server took place 4 days ago, on 02-23, which coincides with when the problems BEGAN. So obviously the update, which required a reboot at that time caused the problems. There was no reboot, which a "pulling the plug" would have initiated at any time since that date.

As to who fixed it and how, still not a clue.

Old 02-27-2023, 04:05 PM   #9
nickolasanastasiou

Sticking with this.

Old 02-28-2023, 02:52 PM   #10
WebSlave
Well, the server guys tell me that Cpanel did an emergency update to fix this problem, so obviously I wasn't the only one impacted by it. Odd thing is that there was no server reboot. And all my vbulletin sites were down, but none of the other sites were not affected.

So I guess whatever patching they had to do didn't require a reboot of the server, but still odd that the vbulletin sites were dead in the water for such a long time.

I don't know why this stuff hasn't killed me yet from the aggravation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!