Breeding loan policies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
PythonWallace
Question Breeding loan policies

I'm not at the point yet, but what is the norm or standard for breeding loans? I have a female het albino ball and I'm getting a normal female, and I will want to breed them in a couple of years to an albino male. I figure just before I find a stud I would get a clean bill of health for them from a vet, and let the stud's owner hold them for copulation, but what kind of payments are standard? Maybe cash up front for the time, then 1 of the babies or a share of profits from sale of the offspring? Can you list a few different scenarios of what is commonplace?

Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
Otter_23
I would think that if they used a visible albino male you would split the clutch with them getting the extra if there is one and/or first pick. If it was a het male then I would say split the clutch and sell one if odd numbered and split the cash or if the odd is a normal maybe have one party get first pick and the other party get the extra normal. Either way I think a split of the clutch would work out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!