Was just wondering.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
wallacefamherps
Was just wondering....

Hello, my wife and I "acquired" our baby boy Mitch from my brother-in-law's "helper" at work. He lost interest as most college kids do, and so we took him in, thinking "what's one more animal". Since that time, he has opened our eyes/home to reptiles. We only have one problem...we have NO IDEA where he came from, or what "type" he is. Just curious, if he's just a run of the mill ball python genetically, that doesn't mean he's "run of the mill" to us. We LOVE our baby. Last Vet visit (annual check-up) he was measured at 58in. And we know he is only about 4 years old. He has a normal apetite (goes of his food a little in winter every year/normal), and is just the apple of our eye.

If anyone here could offer some advice on what possible morph (if any) he is, or whether he's a "normal" ball python we would certainly appreciate it. As said before, we're more curious than anything.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
wallacefamherps
Oh and just a quick note. I thought...(no expert by ANY stretch of the imagination) that he may be a mojave...but he doesn't have any yellow....oh, and my wife is 5ft8in tall for size comparison. Thanks Agan

Old 03-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
SPJ
Nice normal but man that is one big male. Are you sure Mitch is not a female?

Old 03-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
Clay Davenport
Yep it's a normal. I agree with Steve though, you might want to get "him" probed, if the sex matters to you.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
wallacefamherps
Hehehehe

Yeah we have been asked that before....he is DEFINITELY a HE. He is a big boy though, and we have done nothing different than the care sheets, and advice on care that we have gathered since having him. He is a gentle guy, fed on a schedule that consists of small/sm. medium rats/mice once every three weeks (depending on if he's hungry or not). He usually stops eating (to my wife's distress) every year for about two months during the winter, and generally will not even be offered food during a shed. PLENTY of people have commented on his size though.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
wallacefamherps
A side note...

Oh and just a side note...our NEW BABY BOY will be here tommorrow. Last night we ordered a 100% Het for Albino male Red Tail Boa from Texas Herp Haus. We're VERY excited and his new "home" is all ready and waiting for his arrival (the delivery guy will be like the stork). This will be our FIRST purchase with shipping, and it's like Christmas all over again!

We also have a pot bellied bearded dragon - Rowdy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!