Good Guy Ryan Shatto (BajaBoas.com) Review - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #1
El-Zomby-Woof
Ryan Shatto (BajaBoas.com) Review

After much research, I decided that my first snake should be docile (as I wanted to handle him/her), well-tempered, not terribly fast or skittish, a great feeder, small to medium in size, and relatively easy to care for... All of these traits led me to one species in particular that almost seemed too good to be true, Lichanura trivirgata, or the Rosy Boa. I seriously could not have asked for a better, more well-adjusted juvenile rosy boa from Mr. Ryan. It was an absolute joy working with him to pick out my gorgeous 1.5'-ish female San Felipe het Ghost Rosy Boa. He had a wealth of knowledge that he shared with me with no hesitation whatsoever- a true testament to his love for the beautiful creatures he breeds. The shipping was absolutely perfect, packed snugly yet not uncomfortable for her, with a heat pack, and insulation that I know is the general standard for reptile and invertebrate shipping.

There were no issues whatsoever, the prices were more than affordable, and my stunning rosy that I've had for two months now, whom I call Renenūtet, or "Ren" for short, has been nothing but inquisitive and patient and I want to say that she enjoys handling (she just seemed to natural tolerate it from the start, coming straight to my hand as soon as I open her enclosure). She has not once refused food, she enjoys both climbing and burrowing, and hasn't ever struck at me, nor do I expect her to. This is truly the perfect beginner snake, and her colourations are nothing short of astounding. Her greyish-yellow body is accented by these striking reddish-orange pastel stripes that glow underneath her enclosure's heat lamp during daylight hours. Truly a dream snake.

9/10, Excellent Experience

-Nice selection of available snakes

-Ryan was quick to respond to any questions I had, and went out of his way with extra info that informed my decision that much more

-Very affordable prices for the quality of breeding

-Shipping was incredibly fast w/a live-on-arrival guarantee shipping option, if you so want it

And again, I got my gorgeous girl from Mr. Ryan Shatto of BajaBoas.com!

To end this review, heres a link to a feeding video on youtube that I just took of Ren! HERE! :3
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #2
BajaBoas
Thanks so much Zach, it was a pleasure working with you as well...Enjoy!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
baja rosy boa, breeder, rosy boa, snake