My new dumerils boa! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
wormfood
My new dumerils boa!

Heres a few pics of the dumerils i picked up at the Hudson valley reptile expo over the weekend. the expo was WEAK for the most part. but they did have a few unique animals. no lizards besides beardies tho...

You cant really see it in the pic but he has real nice pinkish hints in his patterns.

And to be quite honest ive never heard of or seen a dumerils boa before i seen him at the expo. So what do you think?
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Snakesitter
Congratulations on the new pickup, Andrew! He looks nice, and pretty docile as well. Do you know hold old he is?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
wormfood
i was told late 2011, so not even a year yet. Im gonna just put his birth in October for record keeping. i have 2 ball pythons and a coastal carpet that i have no idea how old they are and its bugs the crap outa me!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
Snakesitter
I never understand how vendors can fail to collect simple data like DoB. It always bugs me, too.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Double B Reptiles
I had a big female dumerils boa for a while. She was puppy dog tame, but come feeding time, WATCH OUT!!! She would take down anything that hit the floor of the cage. Chickens, rabbits, huge rats, oh and me haha. He will more than likely be around 5 ft and hit around 20-30 pounds. They are great snakes to work with!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
wormfood
This little guy actually gave me my first bite! I havent been keeping snakes for long, about 5 years. Ive seemed to avoid a bite the whole time till i got this guy. Didnt know they were the burrow and ambush kind. And when i didnt see him in there i bugged out and started moving the substrate all around looking for him and BAM thought my thumb was dinner lol. He calmed down alot already though. Ate his first meal since i got him, 2 rat pinks like they were nothing. I cant wait for him to grow up!

Is it true that when mature they get a slight rainbow hue to them like the rainbow boas?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!