NEWTS! At NARBC Tinley Park, IL October 8-9 2022 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 09-24-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
axolotl_jake
NEWTS! At NARBC Tinley Park, IL October 8-9 2022

TRIGGER WARNING! LONG AD! If you're offended turn back and scroll through frog ads. Some people are pretty dense and need things spelled out for them, I'm the same way, so take my hand and we'll embark on this journey together slowly.

I will have some newts available for pick up only at NARBC Tinley Park, IL October 8-9, 2022. All were raised by me in my aquariums, not bought or stolen. I start selling as soon as I get to the table on SATURDAY morning (fyi: SATURDAY morning is not Friday night). The table is the thing with my tanks on it, not the lobby, not the parking lot, not the gas station across the street. They are all first come, first served no matter who you think you are, at the Chicago Reptile House booth. That means the first to literally be at the table and buy them, not first to creep into my inbox with a wish list. I don't keep waiting lists or know how to reply to messages on any platform, I'm real dumb. This makes it completely fair for everyone, not just the first to see the ad and it gives you two weeks to make an informed decision as opposed to an impulse buy. VIP passes are always available to get in before the show opens to the public! Absolutely no shipping, there's no need.

Making them available for pick up only also eliminates the chances of either of us ripping the other off. You can see them in person before you buy. I keep hearing about people not sending payment for animals, committing chargeback fraud or not sending animals owed on trades and sales. What's wrong with you? Are you OK? Go sit in the corner, thief. As an added benefit of picking up newts you can visit the great midwestern paradise that is Illinois! I've actually heard some refer to this place as the Cancun of the corn belt and the Honolulu of the Heartland. The food will be great and you'll only be a short distance from the beautiful city of Chicago....home of THE WORLD'S LARGEST REFLECTIVE METAL BEAN SCULPTURE!!!! It's a vacation destination on its own! Wow!

All animals are guaranteed to be healthy and have been feeding daily when I hand them to you, but due to the fact everything you do with them is completely out of my hands, that's the extent of the guarantee. I adopted this guarantee from a local greenhouse...they don't even trust you to keep a spider plant happy.

The number in parenthesis ()before the scientific names denotes the minimum quantity I'll bring to the show to give you a better idea of how early you should or shouldn't get there. If you don't see a number it means there will likely be less than 10 so maybe don't waste a trip for those. I keep most of them in heavily planted aquariums, mostly aquatic unless otherwise noted. The number after the scientific name denotes the year they were produced (also the quantity I wish I had available). An * after the name indicates more will be available, some had an especially late start this breeding season due to abnormally cool temperatures late in the year.

If you don't know what they are, you certainly don't need any, just get a picture to look at instead. And if you're unsure, ask questions! I'm not an expert by any means but I'm happy to share what I do to keep these and it seems to be working.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Triturus pygmaeus (2022) $40.00

T.pygmaeus (2021) $50.00

Triturus marmoratus (2022) $40.00

T.marmoratus (2021) $50.00

(20) Triturus dobrogicus* (2022) $25.00; 5 for $100

(1.1) Triturus carnifex (2020-21) $140.00/pair (normal male/flavistic female)

(10) Triturus karelinii* (2022) $30.00; 4 for $100

(12) Triturus macedonicus (2022) $50.00; 6 for $250 If you're one of the handful of people in the country still keeping these you know they get BIG! But more attractive, charming and not as disgusting as your Spanish ribbed newts.

Neurergus crocatus* (2022) $40.00 not many ready, but many more will be soon

(40) Cynops ensicauda popei* (2022) $40.00 each; 6 for $200 As is typically the case with salamanders, their coloration is highly variable. Some have heavy gold markings, others are nothing to write home about. Some don't develop gold right away, others do. If you'd like to cherry pick your group of six they'll be ONE BILLION DOLLARS per group. I'm not touching every newt I brought for you to pick out the ones with the most gold coverage, they'll be prepackaged in groups of six, if it's that important to you just buy them all or go away.

(20) Ommatotriton ophryticus (2022) $50.00; 5 for $200 (terrestrial) Welcome to earth, these are small juveniles and can be considered delicate at any size/age, if they weren't everyone would already have them like your repulsive Spanish ribbed newts. Good ventilation and a moisture gradient in their enclosure is critical. If you're looking for a beginner species please do us all a favor and consider literally anything else. The males are one of the most impressive sights on the planet for a few months out of the year, but only if you keep them properly and they're held at appropriate temperatures in winter (adult male in photos).

(25) Laotriton laoensis (2022) $50.00; 5 for $200 (aquatic) These are small now but get very BIG. I'm sick and tired of these people on the internet ranting and raving about "mY ribBed NewTs arE soOOOOoooOOO biG !!" Adult laoensis could eat your sloppy gross ribbed newts but they wouldn't because they don't eat pure trash!

Paramesotriton chinensis* (2022) $50.00 (terrestrial)

I'll also have various sizes and colors of axolotls. Axolotl mommies need not stop by, you people make me cringe. So foul!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-24-2022, 06:30 PM   #2
tcp2
Best ads on Fauna. Hysterical. Especially the Axolotl Mommies paragraph. Too funny. We have all been attacked by them at the shows and online. Too bad I will be headed to Hawaii in October. It would be worth the trip To meet you and purchase some great animals.

Old 09-24-2022, 10:03 PM   #3
axolotl_jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
We have all been attacked by them at the shows and online.
Luckily 90% have either blue or artificial red hair as warning colors!
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-03-2022, 02:44 PM   #4
joemomma1016
Man, I am dying over here. Wish I could be at the show to grab some of these bad boys! Have a good Tinley weekend Jake. -Joe

Old 10-12-2022, 10:51 PM   #5
Joel Macy
I love you Axolotl Jake. Marry me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!