Red Danios - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Rebel Dragons
Red Danios

I think they are cool looking and would like to add a small school of them to my community tank. From what I found they are new fish available on the market. I have some zebra and pearl danios already. I think the red will add that "extra something" I've been looking for.

Anyone already have some?
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
SPJ
They look nice.
I have never seen them before.
Do you know if this a natural color mutation or is it injected dye like they do with some tetras and parrotfish?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
This is the ad I found online while searching for information on them. My local petstore has them and I have seen them in person but the employee's didn't know much about them either. So far other than this ad I haven't been able to find out much.

"Hi, The latest craze in the fish market. Super red danio's. These fish are NOT hormoned or injected, will NOT loose color and do NOT need any special lighting to show there color. They are bred this way and is genetically bred this way. Many available, auction is for one. live arrival guaranteed. Picture does these fish no justice, hot dayglo red / pink !!! Thanks, TFD FISH. / www.tfdfish.com or call toll free at 1-877-229-2300. "

Old 03-28-2006, 01:04 AM   #4
Rebel Dragons
I went ahead and placed an order today with the company who placed the ad I posted above. Included in that order will be 12 red danios. I can't wait to see them. I'll take some pics and let y'all know how things turn out.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:52 PM   #5
SPJ
Sounds great. Definitely post some pics of them when they arrive.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
Rebel Dragons
They arrived this morning and I am thrilled. They are so awesome. The pictures don't do them justice.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
SPJ
WOW!

They look awesome. Keep me posted on how they do. I may just end up ordering a few myself.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:50 AM   #8
varnyard
I will agree. They are great looking!!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
Leogirl
Very pretty,are they fw or sw?

Old 04-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
Rebel Dragons
They're freshwater.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!