XRay Case Study: The case of the carpet-eater - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
JordanAng420
XRay Case Study: The case of the carpet-eater

First and foremost: Hello again after a very long hiatus. I missed you guys! Some of you don't remember me, most of you do. Without going in to much detail, reality decided that it needed my full attention for a while, so I took a little break from my online life. That being said, all 41 of my scaly friends are doing well. I'm taking a break from breeding this year, and I will be putting up a lot of geckos for sale from the last 2 years to make a little bit more room.

So, I had a really cool case at the clinic today. I know you guys like my "case studies" so I figured it's been a while, and this one is a little easier than my previous ones ( I think, anyway )

1.5 year old, spayed female, domestic medium hair feline, presents to my hospital for vomiting. After intense interrogation by my assistants and DVM, the owner couldn't give us much history beyond that. At the last minute, she then remembers that this cat ( one of 7 ) has always had a habit of tearing up the carpet and eating it. After running full blood work ( all within normal limits, except for electrolytes, obviously due to vomiting ) and 2 views of abdominal radiographs, and i'm really sorry for my poor positioning of the animal, here is what we found.

What is it?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
radera5
A staple...

Nice to see you back, these are always very interesting!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
rcarichter
I agree with Amanda; looks like a carpet staple.

I've missed these...please keep them coming!

Noelle

Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
JordanAng420
Yep. It's a carpet staple. The cat had surgery today to remove it. I went home early, due to an unexpected root canal, but I assume she did well post-op...I would have heard otherwise.

It's nice to be back...I will absolutely keep these case studies going...they seem to be a big hit!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Welcome back! Love these case studies : )

Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
JColt
My old million dollar cat had that same surgery about 7 or so years ago.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
Helenthereef

Welcome back Maia, always great to have your input and puzzles!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
I went home early, due to an unexpected root canal, but I assume she did well post-op...
Hope you're doing okay!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!