"Mosaic" Dubia? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
Sushi Dragons
"Mosaic" Dubia?

I was sorting through my dubia bins and I found this little guy. I thought he was neat, so I decided to take his picture. He has a mosaic look about him that I like.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
snowgyre
Looks like he just shed his skin and the pigment is starting to return. They're pure white when they shed. Neat photo!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Sushi Dragons
I have seen them white (post shed) and have seen them with their coloring coming back in after a molt, but never in a pattern like this. Learn something new every day!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
Focal
Neat!! I don't even have anything to feed them too and I can't wait to set up a colony.

Are you going to try to prove it out

Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Sushi Dragons
LOL! They are addictive. I have started keeping some species as pets just because they are so much fun.

Almost a full day later and this roach still looks the exact same. I am trying really hard not to give him a name and his own special tank. He's still in the tub with my nymph colony, but he's really easy to spot when you move the egg crates around so I won't accidentally give him to a dragon.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Katie.Shinkle
I found one similar in my colony. Now idea how she ended up like this:

That was taken a few days ago, but I'm about to go clean the tub and I'll let you all know if she's still 'mottled' like that.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #7
Sushi Dragons
Too cool! My roach is still mottled, I wonder if we could indeed prove it out... love connection?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
snowgyre
I think that would be a fun little breeding project! Who knows, maybe white dubia roaches would be easier to catch for reptiles in naturalistic vivaria, since they'd stick out against the dark background easier?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
Sushi Dragons
Oooooh, challenge accepted! The race is on for breeding the elusive white dubia!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!