Iguana skin issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
bbburdie
Iguana skin issues

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but not new to keeping iguanas. I have one 16 year old iguana and 2 babies. One of my babies has something that looks rather like a wart on the joint of one of his toes and another on his chest. I know that my older iguana had one of these that looked almost identical on her foot quite some time ago and it fell off when she shed. Does anyone know what these little spots might be? My igs get the best of care, I'm no newbie......provided with a MegaRay Zoo mercury vapor flood lamp and outdoors real rays when it is nice out.......large varied diet of top nutrient greens like mustards, collards, dandilions....then add carrots, green beans, squashes, peppers, corn, snow peas, etc...........each day they get greens plus at least 4 other veggies in the mix, all topped with a small amount of vitamin mix. Anyone who knows what they might be or if these types of skin issues are common with igs(I realize this is only an approximate since we are just going by my description)? I honestly don't think it's anything serious as it never affected my older ig in a negative way and in fact, it was on the bottom of her foot and I didn't even realize it was there until she was shedding and her skin came off.......warty looking thing and all. Thanks! Deb.