boa master or animal plastics cages? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
paintballerpunk722
boa master or animal plastics cages?

im in the market for a new cage 4x2x1 and ive been looking at the boamasters and animal plastics but dont know which is better i useually build my own but im tired of all the heavy cages so anyhelp would be great

Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
bkline
Animal plastics vote from me

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
paintballerpunk722
thanks brendon i trust your judgement on them 100%

Old 01-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
bkline
No problem. I bought a ten lot years ago. Last nicely for like 18 months. Then went downhill quick.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Tim Cole
Animal Plastics gets my vote.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Metachrosis
AP gets my vote as well,their ability for custom work is second to one
They will build what you want without gouging for extra profit

Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
TriangleReptiles
Another vote for AP. Best customer service in the business.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
cguarino30
with regard to the customer service issue, I will say that I personally, as well as many people I know, have complained that boamaster's customer service can be a little lacking (nothing major, just long delays between contact and orders taking considerably longer than promised) So if you do go the boamaster route, I would recommend buying something cash and carry at a reptile show, as opposed to ordering something to be built and shipped.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
MistyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
with regard to the customer service issue, I will say that I personally, as well as many people I know, have complained that boamaster's customer service can be a little lacking (nothing major, just long delays between contact and orders taking considerably longer than promised) So if you do go the boamaster route, I would recommend buying something cash and carry at a reptile show, as opposed to ordering something to be built and shipped.
Extremely lacking. I did buy something from them at a show and was able to bring it home then, only to find parts were missing when I got the package home.

After pretty much nagging them over the course of several months they FINALLY sent out the missing parts.

The heating element is incredibly poor as well, it leaves the middle tubs nice and warm but the ones on either side are a good 4-6 degrees cooler...which just doesn't work when it comes to reptiles, especially hatchlings which is what I purchased mine for...

So yeah, I'd say go with animal plastics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!