What is the best way to... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #1
ashleyxoxo
What is the best way to...

Wondering what the best way to clean a ficus and an umbrella tree to be safe to put in my snakes terrarium? Palmolive soap, small amount of diluted bleach??
I don't want to kill the plant, but I'd like to know it's safe for my rainbow boa.
I've looked up both of these types of plants, both found on lists saying they are safe for reptiles, including snakes. If you've ever heard anything different, please let me know that as well.
Thanks for anyone's input in advance! ♡

Old 07-14-2014, 04:39 AM   #2
gamma
might sound weird put in boiling water and/or wash it down with a rag with environmental hazard free soap. i have heard put it in a oven as well but that sounds like it would catch on fire

Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Ridiculous Redtails
I would set the plants up in a separate terrarium for a "quarantine" period. Use dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. 1 part soap 9 parts water. Spray both plants entirely and let it sit overnight. Rinse thoroughly in the morning and set the plants up in a separate terrarium. Treat the terrium for mites/other bugs using your prefered product.

I would wait about a month and a half to ensure everything is mite/bug free. Better safe than sorry.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
hhmoore
Please do not use the classifieds for discussion.
Moved to the General Herp Talk forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, rainbow boa, terrarium