Is there a Boa Constrictor under 6 ft? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
jeffatus
Is there a Boa Constrictor under 6 ft?

I have owned many snakes in the past (Columbian RT, Ball Python, Kingsnake, etc.) but none are, in my opinion, as nice in looks or temperament as the common boa constrictor. I want to buy a new one but the one problem I have is the size they attain at maturity. Is there a strain of Boa Constrictor that stays around 6ft? I know the Ball Python would seem perfect, but I do not think they are as nice as the Boa. I do not want to have to deal with "trading down" for a smaller one once the snake gets too big.

thanks for the help

jeff

Old 03-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
Traci1
I know exactly where you are coming from. Try one of the island / insular bci. I have a caulker cay boa and I love her!

here are a couple links to good info...

http://www.cuttingedgeherp.com/boaconstrictorimperator/

http://www.riobravoreptiles.com/boas_island.htm

Old 03-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
MR_Jungle_Mist
You could also do Central American Boas which stay relatively shorter and you might want to have a look at Solomon Island boas and those types....Candoia ssp. They have a cute Boa face and stay small. Just make sure you buy from someone reputable that will guarantee they are feeding on mice/rats.

Make sure to post pictures after you've picked and purchased!

Old 03-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
theboakid8989
Hog Island boas are awesome and should stay at 6 and under, especially for males.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #5
RKing611
I have a female caulker cay as well and she is great! Mine has a great temperament and i hear this is the case in general. Mine hissed a lot at first, but its just a show and they soon get over it. Traci, how old is your girl? Have any pics?
Rob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!