Egg is slimey? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
ZenReptiles
Egg is slimey?

Is this normal? Last week, the egg I have was small, kinda soft and looked yellow when held up to the light. This week the egg has gotten a lot bigger, heavier, and turned pinkish. And it's slimey! It has like a slimey yellow ooze covering it. Is it leaking?

Old 03-15-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
Kate, it sounds to me like the egg is going bad. I would recommend that you continue to incubate it untill there is mold and it stinks to high heaven OR it hatches. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:12 AM   #3
Milwaukee Reptiles
I agree with Jeremy. Most of the eggs I had go bad started by developing that yellowish slime on them first.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
ZenReptiles
Eh, that's what I figured. This is the very first egg laid by tang female, so I wasn't really relying too much on it being a good one. I might just toss it. It's already starting to stink.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!