fed ex only delivers to businesses??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
ed hummel
fed ex only delivers to businesses???

trying to buy a couple of balls, and because i am currently unable to get to the airport which is about an hour away i cant use delta dash. now i just sent payment to the person im buying from after we had agreed to us fed ex, but now im being told they wont deliver to a home address, only a business address. can anyone fill me in on why this is?

below is taken from the email i received:
"Hi Ed,
We just received your payment on paypal, thank you so much. Please let us know when you would like the animals shipped out , if I can remember right you wanted them shipped though fedex? I sent the last of our paper work to them today and hopefully by the begining of next week we should be verifed. we also ship though delta dash to the nearest airport to you. I will need your name as it appears on your drivers license and your address, fed ex olny delivers to business adresses not home as I just found out,so I will also need a business address too if your going through fed ex."

and yes, i knew they werent as of yet verified, but since like they said they should be by next week which would be the soonest id be ready for them i went thru w/ the deal.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
richardduckworth
they explained it to me recently and it had to do with liability on their part supposedly.

i finally gave up on the whole process because it was a HUGE hassle (in some regions, it's not so bad).

i think it's more of a technicality having to do with the wording and isn't something that is really an issue. if it comes down to it, have them ship it to a pet store somewhere and just pick it up.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
Mike P.
You are a home based business - "hummel reptiles" - They can ship it to your address, and Fed-Ex will deliver it - Happens every day...

Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
ed hummel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P.
You are a home based business - "hummel reptiles" - They can ship it to your address, and Fed-Ex will deliver it - Happens every day...
now THATS what i wanted to hear. so i can "make up" a business name and there is no way they can say its not, or if they could they wont challenge me asking for papers or some such crap?

Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed hummel
now THATS what i wanted to hear. so i can "make up" a business name and there is no way they can say its not, or if they could they wont challenge me asking for papers or some such crap?
It's just termed that way in the Fed-Ex Cert papers to ship reptiles - along with being labeled as to what's in the box - Tell the seller to address it to "Ed's Reptiles" and ship it - as easy as that...

Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #6
ed hummel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P.
It's just termed that way in the Fed-Ex Cert papers to ship reptiles - along with being labeled as to what's in the box - Tell the seller to address to Ed's reptiles and ship it - as easy as that...
sweet. thanks for the quick responses guys!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
hhmoore
You could also (if it is feasible) have it held at FedEx to be picked up - saves truck time and the critters stay in a temp controlled room.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
You could also (if it is feasible) have it held at FedEx to be picked up - saves truck time and the critters stay in a temp controlled room.
And pick em up earlier in the morning

Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #9
ed hummel
i know we have a fed ex about 15 or so mins away from me. now i know when i got my first 3 ups had the "by 8.30(or so hehe)" arrival. does fed ex do this, or how late may they come if its just an overnite? it just might be better to have them held there and pick them up if they wont be here til noon or later. how early can you pick up at fed ex? sorry for all the questions guys, and dont worry about hunting down the answers if your not sure. just a wee bit excited to be getting my 1st spider and bumblebee

Old 09-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #10
hhmoore
FedEx First Overnight is by 0800/0830 (and is not available everywhere), Priority Overnight is by 1030am (in most cases), Standard Overnight is by 3pm. MOST people ship reptiles Priority Overnight. Also, the majority of the time, a Standard Overnight package is still there first thing in the morning, so you can pick it up when the doors open (well, I guess that depends on the particular hubs hours - mine opens at 0830)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!