Shipping Boas? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #1
KaylaJ
Question Shipping Boas?

I know this question gets asked a lot, but I am still confused. I have a pair of Surinames that I am trying to sell. I have received a lot of response, but everyone wants them shipped. I have never shipped anything and don't know who to use or anything else about the process. I live in Dallas, Tx. I have called many carriers in my area and they all said that they do not ship snakes. I have no idea how to become a verified shipper, and I am having trouble getting answers. I do not want to label the box as having anything other than what is really in it. ( I will not ship my snakes labeled as frogs.) Is there a legit way to ship snakes? Any advice and info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Kayla
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #2
mdc
shipping info

Kayla,

You are correct that most common carriers will not ship snakes. That being said, most snakes that I have received, even from top breeders, were shipped using UPS, FedEx, or Airborne Express. If you don't want to use these, you can use the airlines. This is a legal and safe way to ship. As you stated, to use Delta you must be verified, but you don't need to be verified to use either United Cargo or Northwest Cargo. This is a very safe way to ship because it is same day delivery. The downside is you have to drive to the airport and it is usually a little more expensive.

Matt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!