Can someone help me please? :( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
IndustrialBoaPunk
Can someone help me please? :(

okay so im making these setups for a Ornate pacman, a pixie frog, and well okay a tiger salamander.

I was wondering if someone would mind helping me on getting the knowlage i need on the following things

should I put my Ornate in a terrium or vivarium?

same with salamander??

(( the pixie is going into a pretty big tank im going to turn half water half land )) id loveto set one up the same for my pacman if possible.

okay now, ive ALWAYS had problems with humidity and thermostats ect breaking and not working so

whats the best fogger to buy?
whats the best humidifier to use?
whats the best mister to use?
Whats the best filter to you in either vivarium or terrium
whats the best type of filter to use for a half land half water set up?
What are the best timers to use and how exactly do you set them up?
humidity and heat monitors, whats the best are they worth it?

im entirely new to keeping frogs and salamanders. but ive delt with so many snakes, monitors, ect reptiles, im not really skitish, just a bit unsure of my self and want everything 100% right and perfect before i stick the frogs or salamnders into their setups this year.

ive looked up things and still get different answers so id like to know from people who have delt with these, own, ect

Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Beardiefreak26
the tiger salamander doesnt need much just some moist soil or coconut hust that it can borrow into and food with a water bowl that is big enough for it to soak in and they can get about 8 inches long and they will move a lot so i would put them in a 20 gallon long. do you know what sub species your salamander is because they can live all across the US.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
IndustrialBoaPunk
unfortunetly not really but i could show you a video if you PM me that the type im getting are in. the ppl ive spoke too never classified them other than tiger salamdanders so... : / PM me il lshow yo uthe vid they said theirs r exactly the same.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!