Rails for sliding glass doors? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
waddlecaudle
Rails for sliding glass doors?

I have searched around and everyone keeps saying Lowe's or Home Depot but I have been to several stores and looked online and I can't seem to find what I am looking for, yet I look online (including here) and people seem to have them on their custom enclosures regularly.

Where in the world do you get the sliding frame rails for sliding glass doors? I am fine with them being adhesive but would rather they be able to be screwed in. Perhaps I am just using the wrong terminology because when I go to the stores they keep taking me to large sliding glass doors and when I show them the glass I want to use they always tell me they don't have frames to fit it. If they do have them at one of the big stores what exactly is the name of what I am looking for and where might I find it.

I am looking for rails that allow me to slide glass something like the image below...

Thank you for all of the help.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Shadera
What you are looking for is "tracks", not rails.

Sorry, can't help with a specific product link for glass doors, as I have no experience with installing them.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
waddlecaudle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
What you are looking for is "tracks", not rails.

Sorry, can't help with a specific product link for glass doors, as I have no experience with installing them.
TRACK! That is the word I have been looking for. Man... brain fart. Thank you.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
defcon222
This is where I got mine: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...5&site=ROCKLER

I used small finishing nails and glue to install them.

I had a link for a cheaper track, but it doesn't work anymore...

Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
waddlecaudle
How have they held up? Thank you for the response.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
defcon222
They've held up fine with no issues. I have them in three homemade cages; 2 uromastyx (4'x2'x2') and a crested gecko setup (4'x2'x2' split into three different setups).

Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddlecaudle View Post
TRACK! That is the word I have been looking for. Man... brain fart. Thank you.
You're welcome! I have those too. A lot.

Search on Amazon turned up a lot of stuff that might be usable:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ing+door+track

Good luck with the search. I hope you'll come back and tell us what product you ultimately chose to work with, and how it worked for you.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
waddlecaudle
Sorry I haven't gotten to this thread in a while, thank you for the help guys. You have given me some great direction and I am sure one of the links will work. The site comes to the rescue yet again.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
RonzRoyalz
I got mine from atwater or outwater, they come in black, white or gray.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
custom cage, enclosure