What Will I Get? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
futureherpbreeder
What Will I Get?

I HAVE AN 04 DWARF BCC AND A TJ HYPO TOGETHER RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD THE SIBLINGS BE IF THEY PRODUCED A LITTER? HERES SOME PICS AND THE DWARF IS AN 04 , 42" LONG, FEMALE, AND THE MALE HYPO IS AN 05 AND ABOUT 48" LONG.? JUST CURIOUS, AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME,

JOSH CARLSON

Old 02-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
JCCS
Hi Josh, first, please don't breed that female until next season when she has some more size and age on her. That is a Colombian BCI and a good guideline for them is 3 yrs and about 6' for a female. When you do breed them, you will get half hypos and half normals. BTW, nice looking snakes.

Chris

Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
futureherpbreeder
Hey Chris, I Goofed, Its An 03 Dwarf Bcc And I Dont Think She Will Get 6 Foot. Cause Shes 4 Years Old And Still Under 4 Foot. So Would They Be Hypo Het Dwarfs? And How Would You Beable To Tell?

Yhanks,

Jos

Old 02-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
JCCS
Hi Josh, There are no dwarf BCC that I know of. I have dept many types of dwarf BCI and she is not one of them. I am positive that is a Colombian boa and would not breed her until she hits 6'. To sorta answer the question, even if she was a dwarf, dwarfism does not work in a recessive nature. They would be smaller than normal hypos. Again, if I were you, I would wait until that snake was 6'.

Chris

Old 02-22-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Well, not to step on your toes Chris, cus she does look plenty like a Colombian, but with all the crossing being done these days, she may well be from a Colombian x dwarf breeding, and therefor small in size.
But Chris is right, that ain't a BCC. I'd bet an albino against it. And if she is a dwarf, she is a cross IMO.

Rick

Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
ericfire
i hope it wasnt sold to you as a BCC
beautiful snakes though
the girl at first glance almost looks anery
Eric

Old 02-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #7
JCCS
I may not have made myself clear as I thought I did, I completely agree Rick. It looks completely Colombian to me. It could have a bit of other BCI blood, but that wouldn't make it that much of a dwarf, way too low of a chance. Not impossible, but I think an unrealistic possibility.

Chris

Old 02-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
futureherpbreeder
thanks for everyones knowledge on this. just one more question, what if she doesnt hit 6'? what guidelines should i go by then? on her age?

thanks,

josh

Old 02-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #9
JCCS
If she doesn't hit 6' or very close to 6' within 5 yrs of average feeding (7-10 days), it may be dangerous to attempt to breed her. Just like withany animal, some are just not meant for breeding. I would think that snake will hit 6' though.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!