boca reptiles aka sal tornambe has changed names AGAIN and is now bocamorphs-BEWARE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
Wilomn
boca reptiles aka sal tornambe has changed names AGAIN and is now bocamorphs-BEWARE

Once again, for at LEAST the third time in two years sal tornambe has changed his business name.

I wonder why he has to keep doing that? Most people take pride in establishing a good reputation with the name they choose and go to great lengths to keep it looking good.

sal just seems to miss that whole KEEPING the name good thing.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...8&page=49&pp=5

There is also information on him available from when he was upstate exotics.

Use EXTREME caution when dealing with him, he has a tendency to not deliver what he sells and then to NOT refund if you get a mis-sexed, wrong sized, SICK or just plain WRONG animal.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
Don't forget...

...to add Enclosures By Design to his list. Another business attempt by Sal with a dismal reputation

Old 04-30-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Morph = to transform

Quote:
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

morph3 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (môrf)
v. morphed, morph·ing, morphs
v. tr.
To transform (an image) by computer: cinematic special effects that morphed the villain into a snake.

v. intr.
To be transformed: “Yesterday's filmstrip has morphed into today's school computer” (Clifford Stoll).
Definition of "morph" from Dictionary.com.

Old 04-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #4
gmherps
Also someone pointed out on the reptile forums at www.reptileauction.com (the old reptibid) that he is now going by the user name Aiena. He is selling BP's and boas over there now.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #5
Living Art Reptiles
Hi everyone,

Well, you have Upstate Exotics, Boca Reptiles, Boca morphs, Enclosures By Design but don't forget his other venture, Precise Remodeling. Take care.

Precise Remodeling; Happy Customers.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:37 PM   #6
Mike Greathouse
...And the hits just keep on coming. What a lovely person, our buddy Sal.
I'll bet some of the Precise Remodeling customers in NY would love to know where he ended up with their money.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
gila7150
Hey Neil, where do you think Sal came up with the money to buy those beautiful breeders? I bet this guy has an idea. This is the latest complaint about Sal Tornambe in April 2005....

Salvatore Tornambene Aka Precise Remodeling ripoff took $3600.00 (deposit ) to replace roof, cashed check on way out of town and never came back to do the work Cossayuna/ Ar New York

Salvatore Tornambene Aka Precise Remodeling, Inc.
Address:
61 LeMaire Way PO Box119
Cossayuna/ Ar New York 12823
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
518-692-7829
Fax:

I found Sals name through the internet, listed under "local contracter" on a metal roof Mfg. website. I contacted him and we made arrangements to meet at my home to look at the job to be done (new metal roof).

When Sal arrived we looked over the roof and he asked if there were any special issues he should know about (leaks, structure damage,ect.). I told him no and that all that was needed was a new metal roof. We discussed color,style and availability of materials locally.

Several days later Sal arrived back at my home with what appeared to be a ligitimite contract and work order/ invoice describing the scope of the work to be done and the price schedule showing a 50% deposit and the balance at completion. Being he was purchasing the materials I did not question the deposit amount of 50%. The total cost of the job was to be $7200.00. I felt the price was reasonable and signed the contract and wrote out a check for $3600.00

Work was to begin by 11/04/02 and completed by 11/18/02. By 11/12 I had not heard from Sal so I called him and he said the weather had been bad and he was a little behind schedule, but he would up in a day or two. He also told me that he had ordered the materials and metal for the roof and it should be here any day. Knowing several people at the building supply yard where he claimed to buy the materials, I called to get an idea of when to expect delevery only to find that he never ordered them. I also found out that he cashed the deposit check on his way out of town the day I wrote it.

On 11/14 Sal showed up with his wife/girlfriend and said the came up to find a motel for his men so they would not have to commute and they would start tomorrow. I asked about ordering material and he said he found a better price and it should be here tommorow. That was the last I saw of Sal!

By 11/20 I was getting concerned about the weather turning bad so I called Sal and got another excuse about the materials and the weather so finally I told hin that it was now too late in the season to be tearing off a roof.I also told that we were past the completion date and that I did not want to start work this late in the season and requested that he return the deposit money and I would contact him in the spring. He agreed and said he would send it right out. That was the last I talked to him.

Since then I have made several attempt to contact him and even have gone to Cossayuna in search of him. Through the help of some local people and the NY State Trooper (who had many entries and complaints, a whole page in the police blotter just for Sal)I located the a last known address and a possible new work address. I gave this information to my attorny but have not been able to find Sal . I dont know that the attorny has tried that hard to locate Sal and I just found out about Rippoff-Report and hope you can help find Sal or my money

George
Lake Clear, New York
U.S.A.

So how about it Neil? You like to play crime fighter with your website but Sal is allowed to just steal people's hard earned money and that's ok with you.
Why isn't Sal's photo on your website?
Why don't you contact this poor guy in NY and let him know exactly where he can find his missing roofer?

Old 05-01-2005, 02:04 PM   #8
The Constrictor Zone
Just take responsibility!!

Wouldn't it be easier for Sal just to admit his wrongs and make admends if possible. Than to keep trying to hide behind a different name. Of course it will be hard. But its alot easier to believe someone has the ability to change that is not being flat out dishonest about who they are. I know it will take me a while to rebuild my reputation.(Hey but hardwork most of the time paysoff) But it will feel alot better once I have done that than to live a lie. I have found that most people can be forgiving but not everyone will be that is just life. You have to take the good and the bad. Maybe Sal has just overwhelmed himself with bad deals and its to much for him to overcome. Well only one person can take that responsibility to either change or continue to do the samething and get the same results.

Thanks Daniel Haney

Old 05-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #9
gila7150
Daniel,
The problem is that the "bad deals" that Sal has been accused of are felonies. A confession or an apology is not enough....he deserves jail time.

Personally, I wouldn't give Sal a dollar even if the Pope co-signed the loan.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #10
gmherps
Dan, Dan, Dan. My young man!!
That's just way too easy for Sallito. He thrives, no he yearns for the long hard road of dispair.

Hey Sal I have a new business partner in mind for you, his name is Ray Strickland, and he lives in Davie. Why don't you look him up and you 2 could come up with more ways to rob people!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread