crappy end to a crappy week - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Jus10
crappy end to a crappy week

this week has been terrible. i have had to deal with finals, moving out of our apartment, moving leos, and transporting eggs in an incubator. the leos were fine before we left and i transported them in deli cups with moist paper towels in them. well everything seemed to be fine until i went to open up the last one and my leo had died over the 3 hour trip. she has always been fine and was the only one out of all of mine that i have never had any problems with. sorry about the venting but i just couldnt believe it
Justin

Old 06-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #2
saltwaterreptiles
aww gezzzz... that sucks..... was it very hot when you moved? Its odd for it to have passed so quickly, when you think about the plane trips and other adventures geckos have when shipped from breeders to buyers....

Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad that was the only mishap.... good luck getting them settled in and the eggs striaghtened away.... and best of luck on your results on your finals!

Old 06-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
Jus10
thanks about the finals,
i tried to keep it warm for them but it wasnt hot and it wasnt cold. its just wierd that she is gone, especially since i was holding her right before we left and she seemed to be fine. there was a dark spot on her belly so im thinking that something might have ruptured but i dont know. she was probably my favorite but luckily i have 4 of her eggs in the incubator so hopefully those will turn out ok and ill have something to remember her by.

Old 06-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
So sorry to hear that Justin, it is always so hard to lose a pet. I hope everything else goes well for you and that her eggs hatch. They won't make up for her in any way but it will be nice of you to have some of her offsring.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
WiteLeo
Im sorry dude. 3 hours shouldnt be that much of a trip but something happend.

Now Im scared I will mess up when I move to TX in a month. Ill have about 20 eggs and 23 leo's to move!

Finals, are, the, crap...what are you learning?

Old 06-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
StinaUIUC
Wow...that really sucks! I've moved my geckos between NJ and IL several times (either a 13 hr drive straight or a stop overnight somewhere) and never had any problems... I can't imagine what might have happened! I'm really sorry to hear that and good luck with her eggs!

Old 06-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
Tang
I'm really sorry about ur leo, i can't believe that it was only a 3 hour trip, something else must have gone wrong. Don't worry, ive been having a crappy week too. i'm in a huge fight w/ my gf of more than year and a half, i have eggs that r in day 50 and havent htached yet, i dont have air conditioning in my room so the other day it was 110 degrees according to the my TempGun, so i had to move my incubator downstairs, i hurt my wrist really badly last week rollerblading, i was grinding a rail and i slipped off, and i have a terrible finals schedule. But, Im jewish and i go to a private jewish school, so i have 12, 45 minute periods a day. That means 3 and a half weeks of finals and new york state regents, plus AP's, SAT's, and SAT II's. so far weve gotten through the judaic half of our finals, (that means ive had Talmud, chumash, Tehillim, Hebrew and Jewish History for anyone who cares) so i still have English, Spanish, math B, and History (i already took the AP's for that though) so, just stick it and ull b fine. Good luck!

Old 06-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
Jus10
thanks all for your input and condolances. yeah i dont know what happened theyve all made the trip with me probably around 5 or so times before so i figured they'd be fine. oh and austin im studying geomatics (surveying). im also glad to hear that im not the only one who has had a bad week. hope yours turns out better than mine did Avi
Thanks all,
Justin

Old 06-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #9
DiabloBoa
too bad bout the leo.
about everyones crappy weeks...CHEER UP!
its been a little rough for me too (i ended up yelling at some poor person and had to walk off the job due to stress and lack of sleep just friday, worked me 20 some odd hours straight and called me back in after a couple hours rest)
well my point is that its seems to be a little crappy right now but i have this strong vibe that everythings gonna start heading in a great direction for all of us. i know i have big things to look forward to in the near future and im sure you do too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!