One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #21
gregtp
Quote:
Originally Posted by boamaster View Post
I do believe we need something that protects buyers
And sellers it needs to be something simple
With no personal remarks
Just maybe something
Like a fillable checklist of the trsnacation
On both behalfs
Nothing long and drawn out
Where everyone ways in
Being on both sides of situations
Some people roast people for no reason
And without cause
I trust your judgment on finding a fair solution for us
Mark.@boamaster

I received a animal that wasn't as described n sick
And I couldn't let anyone else know
And he still sells here not good

Also did a trade and got stiffed
I had no recourse

I think the checklist personally is a good idea that way it can minimize personal attacks not being able to add text

Old 02-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #22
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by boamaster View Post
I do believe we need something that protects buyers
And sellers it needs to be something simple
With no personal remarks
Just maybe something
Like a fillable checklist of the trsnacation
On both behalfs
Nothing long and drawn out
Where everyone ways in
Being on both sides of situations
Some people roast people for no reason
And without cause
I trust your judgment on finding a fair solution for us
Mark.@boamaster

I received a animal that wasn't as described n sick
And I couldn't let anyone else know
And he still sells here not good

Also did a trade and got stiffed
I had no recourse
Incorporating something like custom coding for checklists into post responses on an older UBB platform is likely to be $$$.

For the above example, IMO this type of response would be ok:
On Jan 1, 2020 I purchased a snake described as a healthy female sunglow boa from this seller. He shipped me a male common with free mites and a respiratory infection. The boa passed away after a week. Necropsy showed the snake had Nido. Seller refused to respond to requests for refund. Can email proof to anyone who wants it.

This would not be ok:
Avoid dealing with this <f-bomb> piece of <stuff> scammer because the <expletive> <expletive> shipped me a sick snake and then the <expletive> ghosted.

Old 02-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #23
boamaster
Whatever think is best
Thanks for Taking opinions

Old 02-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtp View Post
well the simple fact nothing at all is done makes you complicit yes you run the site therefore this all falls on your shoulders if it is to difficult to provide your users with a safety net maybe it is time to shut it down as it is clear you only care about the money and not your end users it is apparent I struck a nerve by your tone hey if something I say bothers you hmmm it must be true
Probably not as big and sensitive of a nerve as the one in you that got plucked when you got an infraction.

Old 02-03-2021, 05:33 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtp View Post
and as for holding my hand I don't need that at all I just prefer an admin does what they should do it's not that hard to understand really your end users should come first you have made is crystal clear you care less about end users by allowing this like I said maybe you should consider just shutting it down if you can't even provide simple security measures
You might want to confer with your attorney. There is absolutely no legal obligation on my part to do what you want of me. If there were, there would be NO selling on the internet at all if the website owners could be held liable for mistakes in judgment between buyers and sellers.

And I think you highly underestimate how "simple" such "simple security measures" would be. But honestly, I find this to be quite common from people who don't have a clue about running a site of this nature, programming webpages, nor how the internet works. Just trying to positively identify someone on the internet is by no means "simple" at all. I really hate to call anyone clueless about issues they are arguing about, preferring their own comments to make that self evident to everyone who DOES know about such things.

Sorry, but I believe your own solution is to go to some other site that operates in a manner that you find most compatible with the way you want your world to be. This one does not appear to meet your needs, apparently.

Old 02-03-2021, 05:43 PM   #26
WebSlave
You know we still do have the Trader's Ratings System on this site for people to use.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...gs.php?u=13997

And before anyone wants to complain about it ONLY being available to Contributor level members and above, please review the following thread where this has already been addressed.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=524288

And that wasn't the first time I ran a poll on the very same topic.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=448995

Old 02-03-2021, 05:55 PM   #27
gregtp
I just gave you my 2 cents but hey I digress it's not effecting my pocket I would contribute and I was going to right up until the first infraction after that I lost taste for even trying to contribute or even sponsor this site but hey you do you man that was my thoughts

Old 02-03-2021, 06:08 PM   #28
gregtp
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
You might want to confer with your attorney. There is absolutely no legal obligation on my part to do what you want of me. If there were, there would be NO selling on the internet at all if the website owners could be held liable for mistakes in judgment between buyers and sellers.

And I think you highly underestimate how "simple" such "simple security measures" would be. But honestly, I find this to be quite common from people who don't have a clue about running a site of this nature, programming webpages, nor how the internet works. Just trying to positively identify someone on the internet is by no means "simple" at all. I really hate to call anyone clueless about issues they are arguing about, preferring their own comments to make that self evident to everyone who DOES know about such things.

Sorry, but I believe your own solution is to go to some other site that operates in a manner that you find most compatible with the way you want your world to be. This one does not appear to meet your needs, apparently.

and re read my man I never said legally obligated to I just said it's what you "should" do I mean you want contributors but you do nothing about scamming lol surely you can't be serious but hey man im not gonna sit here and play pre school games you made it clear what you care for end of discussion quite frankly this has grown boring I actually thought you might do something but it's obvious your not so no point in continuing to discuss the matter you have a good night

Old 02-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
I don't understand what you think Moderators could do here Gregory? We cannot vet and *prove* every single listing or person is legit. We do our best to weed out the obvious spammers but it is up to each person to decide who they are going to do business with.

The BOI was an invaluable tool in that regard and I am sad it is gone. Trader ratings do exist and serve a very similar purpose but it is limited to contributing members.

Infractions/warnings simply enforce the existing rules of the site (that have been around for a long time, BOI type posts were NEVER allowed in the classifieds). No one can see anyone else's infractions besides yourself and the admin/mod staff. Being reminded of following the rules made you lose a taste for this site?

Old 02-03-2021, 06:49 PM   #30
WebSlave
This latest conversation does bring up an important point. There are some people who will provide no logic to what they are complaining about, as they just want to make noise, and as such we will have to figure out how best to deal with them. That sort of thing CAN impact legitimate sellers who are just having to deal with difficult customers who bought an inch but expected a yard. Or in some cases (such as above), paid for nothing and expected far more than they were due.

Our difficulty will be trying to deal with such issues without appearing to be biased towards one party over the other. We just can't put a black and white policy in effect that would imply "We will only allow posts that are outing "bad guys" and all unwarranted posts against anyone in the 'other category' will be removed." We can't become a jury nor judge in such matters. As we have seen here, some people have a belief that they have an absolute right to say what they want, when and where they want. And us telling them, "No, you don't," just puts us in the crosshairs. So where would that leave us? Probably with a lot of people complaining about all the nonsense taking place in discussions in the classifieds sections. Ads will be pushed downwards in the classifieds as heated discussions instead took over those areas, further pissing off legitimate advertisers and viewers.

Which is probably why this might all just be a bad idea from the start. There are just too many troubled people on the internet that cannot handle public access without displaying their troubled thoughts to everyone and anyone. They will only want to make noise that only makes sense to themselves. Maybe just continuing to not allow any such talk really is the best thing to do here. Making a change like I have suggested might actually make things worse. Even MUCH worse.

So this looks like a mark on the negative side of the scoreboard. I sure as heck don't want to

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
board of inquiry, boi, scammers