For Sale '18 "Socialized" Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman Probable Female - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Crocodilians

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
pariahcarey
'18 "Socialized" Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman Probable Female

It breaks my heart to write this ad, but due to the pandemic and its effect on my life I have to list my '18 Cuvier's dwarf caiman for sale (Paleosuchus palpebrosus). She is about two years old and just about 2' long. I got her as a hatchling only a few months old and I have put in a ton of work with her since. She is a beautiful animal and a joy to keep.

She has an insane feeding response and is always hungry. She usually eats f/t rodents and dusted dubia, but occasionally I'll throw in chicks, fresh shrimp, crawfish, hornworms, crickets, f/t snakes (ethically sourced, of course), etc. She wants to eat everything. I do not feed her fish due to the possible issues with most available. I've tap trained her with moderate success, but you will probably have to wait awhile before she trusts you enough to eat in front of you. The few times she has been shy or gone off food with me dubia on a rock or piece of driftwood left overnight has always worked (confirmed with camera I keep in her encosure).

I say "socialized" because although she hasn't nipped at me in close to a year, she is still a crocodilian and will need to be handled frequently to maintain this. I've handled her usually 5x a week in fifteen minute increments since I got her. I can hold her in my hands with no grip and she will rest with her mouth closed and no issues, but the stress of moving might set her back a bit. Again, she is a croc and bites can be serious. Even at this size. With work she will be a very rewarding animal and will likely continue having a good temperament. If you don't care for handling, she is still a great eater and healthy animal with no issues. I have tons of pictures and videos that I can send to confirm this.

It hurts to have to sell her as I've spent so much time and energy working with her, but that's how it goes sometimes. I am not in a real rush (yet) to sell her, as I would like her to go to the right person who will give her a good life. Will definitely want to have a conversation with anyone interested to ensure this. Proper setup before buying is a must. I can also provide a bag of a few different sized f/t rodents to last her awhile if necessary.

Text only. 2eight1-eight8one-9four2four. $500 plus shipping
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #2
pariahcarey
Caiman is sold
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-24-2022, 11:09 AM   #3
pararucu
caiman

if its sold take the add DOWN!!!!, GEEZE!!! its been up for months??

Old 05-27-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
reticsunlimited
This is almost 2 years old... learn to read ads. Instead of bumping them to the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pararucu View Post

Old 05-28-2022, 02:15 AM   #5
House_64
Quote:
Originally Posted by pararucu View Post
So your first post is to bump a 20 month old ad just to lecture them to take the ad down even after they stated “Sold”? Makes sense…..

Old 07-31-2022, 02:47 PM   #6
pararucu
who knows??

yeah it does make sense?? LEARN FROM IT ,KNOW IT, LIVE IT, LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
caiman, croc, crocodilian, dwarf caiman