To those who don't use FedEx frequently... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Focal
To those who don't use FedEx frequently...

...check and keep an eye on your billing.

I went into my FedEx account today for the first time in 4-5 months in preparation for a shipment. I happen to decide to add a different credit card to my account and accidentally clicked on the billing section. I noticed some silly canadians have been using my account to ship stuff back and forth in the BC. I went to dispute the charge and FedEx would not let me because the last incident was over 60 days ago (03SEPT10). The charges have been going straight to a credit card that I pay little attention to (silly me, I know). No notification was sent to me in an email and nothing to my home. At this point I am furious because they will not let me dispute the charge. I call them up and after a few pissy fits I get the charges removed.

I know this is probably common sense practices for you shipping veterans, but heres the thing... FedEx dumps all the billing information off their site after 60 or 90 days, so if you are billed incorrectly and this time has passed, there is no way to find out on the fedex website. Had I not logged in for another two weeks, I would have never known unless I checked every charge on the card that I put hundreds of charges on every week.

Also, from what I understand, you only need someones account number to ship anything and have it charged to the holders card. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be using fedex again after experiencing their lack security. What if they were shipping drugs or weapons across the border?? I'd be in a heap of ****!

Jeez.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Khaman
So who else do you plan to use to ship animals?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
goReptiles
Contact your credit card company and have them dispute the charges.

UPS still ships reptiles.

I'm not a FedEx fan to begin with. I'm sorry you got screwed over by them.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by goReptiles View Post
UPS still ships reptiles.

I'm not a FedEx fan to begin with. I'm sorry you got screwed over by them.
SYR and RE have suspended shipping all reptiles indefinitely.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
s4sainz
i hate when ppl use your account, contact fedex billing department, you get refunded on your next billing statement.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
chamgirl99471
UPS will ship lizards, turtles and amphibians. They just don't allow the shipping of snakes... The post office will also ship lizards and turtles but not recommended because a lot of their places don't Guarantee Overnight delivery! It is illegal to ship snakes through the post office.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!