So where to now? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
scarnicom
So where to now?

Apologies if this has already been discussed!

So any way reptiles express and ship your reptiles are out of the picture. IS there any possible way to purchase discounted shipping labels/ transit, any where else? Does becoming fedex certified give you some sort of discount? Will/when will ups allow to ship reptiles and more importantly snakes for that matter? Will they be partnering back up with said companies? Just a few questions that I'd appreciate if anyone could give me some info and or insight on. Thank you

Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Omnomnami
Fedex has great prices for shipping. Through Fedex, you will be spending around the same amount you would have paid through RE and SYR. And the best part is, things will most likely never change through Fedex and you don't have to worry about them canceling your live animal shipping certification...that is unless you break the rules. They're a lot more understanding of peoples needs and it makes them A LOT of money.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
scarnicom
Really? About the prices, everytime I did a check from a third party shipper compared to fedex or just ups it's self is was significantly less. Things may have changed, just wondering.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Stephen,

When you setup an account and get certified with FedEx you automatically get a discount, but lower discounts can be negotiated depending upon volume. Not everyone gets the same discounts, but I was able to negotiate rates with FedEx that were only $1-3 more then RE quotes.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
chamgirl99471
At this point in time.. Fed Ex is the only legitimate way to ship snakes. UPS does allow the shipment of lizards , frogs and turtles and USPS does as well (it is Illegal to ship snakes through them). Hopefully RE can renegotiate their terms and get their shipping status back up soon because I had great experiences through them.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
scarnicom
Thank you Stephanie and Catharine, I have been hearing so much poop about all of these situations. It's just nice to get the facts straight. I have had many great expierences through RE as well. But I have received many animals through Fedex and time and time again have done a super job. So I'm going to look into getting certified. Thanks for the info guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!