SYR now using FedEx!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
timebider
Talking SYR now using FedEx!!!

Let's hope this works out! FedEx is a lot better than UPS, IMHO. Just got this e-mail from Ship Your Reptiles:

To our valued customers,

We have great news! After building our service and shipping more than 50,000 packages with UPS, we are now finalizing a stronger partnership with FedEx -- specifically as a third-party reptile shipper.

ShipYourReptiles.com is now an official FedEx-certified live reptile shipper. We are in the final stages of re-activating our reptile shipping service.

ShipYourReptiles.com

ShipYourReptiles.com customers can ship live reptiles, including snakes, to businesses or residences.
Because we are FedEx live certified, you don't have to be.
  • Thanks to our customer support team, you'll continue to get the same level of customer service as a million-dollar shipper.
  • With FedEx Priority Overnight service, you'll enjoy guaranteed 10:30 a.m. arrival to most addresses.
  • You'll get a great rate!
ShipYourAquatics.com

We are working on re-instating aquatics shipping services. While we work on this, you can still buy aquatics shipping supplies.

ShipYourBicycles.com and ShipYourRC.com

ShipYourBicycles.com and ShipYourRC.com will be offline while we work on re-activating their shipping services.

ShipYourReptiles.com is certified to ship live reptiles, including snakes, to businesses and residences using FedEx Priority Overnight service. We are very excited about our FedEx partnership, and we hope to add more services in the future.

We will contact you when ShipYourReptiles.com is fully operational.

Thanks for your support,
-- Robyn@AllProShipping.com

Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Focal
That's cool, but FedEx is already pricy enough (but far better than UPS), I'd hate to see what their rates would be.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
AltitudeExotics
I'm excited to have SYR back online, but not excited about them switching to FedEx at all. Every live animal experience i've had with them has been horrible, along with a number of problems with other dry good shipments.... But i'll give it a try if it means not paying 60-70 dollars to ship like i've had to lately.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
MDC_Ophiuchus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltitudeExotics View Post
I'm excited to have SYR back online, but not excited about them switching to FedEx at all. Every live animal experience i've had with them has been horrible, along with a number of problems with other dry good shipments.... But i'll give it a try if it means not paying 60-70 dollars to ship like i've had to lately.
Ditto. I've had equally horrible experience with both UPS and Fedex. But at least its legal to ship snakes thru FEDEX.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
I don't see this as anything to be thrilled with at all! http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=131986

Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Focal
Linky no worky, Deb.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Linky no worky, Deb.
Trying again: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=131986

Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
timebider
Thanks for the link, Deb; I'm going to read through all of that in a bit.

My knee-jerk reaction to receiving that e-mail was, "Great! Another option for shipping snakes!"

After I thought about it a bit, though, I have to confess I'm not all that thrilled either. Quite apart from wondering how SYR is going to get around FedEx's certification requirements for individuals, it occurred to me that this is a giant screw-up waiting to happen - and if FedEx gets pissed off and halts snake shipping, we're ALL screwed. That could happen so easily with just one bad apple packaging poorly/unsafely and/or shipping a hot (or even a "semi-hot", as occurred with UPS and the false water cobra).

As much as I like the idea of more options, I'd hate to see the one remaining option jeopardized. I can only hope that if/when it does happen, SYR is the only company banned from shipping snakes since the transgression would have occurred on their account.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
FIREball
I have a fear the same irresponsible shippers will do to fedex what they have to ups. I hope they don't screw us on the only overnight shipping choice for snakes.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
Khaman
Well SYR has gone on record that they have approval to ship to and from residential with their wavier and that 10:30 deliveries guaranteed to most address. I know I have spoke to my Fed Ex rep before about the residential deliveries and he has told me Fed Ex has been considering a change in policy to allow that so if SYR had broke that barrier then I think we all need to contact our reps and get that changed for ourselves, as for the 10:30 guarantee I don’t see Fed Ex coming off of that. I have been told flat out numerous times that with a reptile account there would be no on time guarantees.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!