SYR now using FedEx!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #11
Southern Wolf
My problem is there is no accountablility for the individual shipper and this could screw it up for everyone.

Lets say Joe blow ships out a venomous snake (god forbid) on SYR's account. Joe Blow really doesn't have anything to loose because its not his account and he could alwasy get one on his own if SYR gets shut down.

But what if FedEx see's too many problems and decides to pull a UPS and halt all snake shipments. Now we are all screwed.

Why is it that folks are too damn lazy to get their own accounts. Guys you can bitch about getting a better rate thru SYR's or whoever... but the fact remains... the more you ship the better rates you can get. And you cant get better rates unless you ship on your own account.

Everybody is all happy that SYR's may be back in business.... but wake up. What happens if they go down again. You in the same boat your in now because you were too lazy to get certified on your own.

Something to think about. I charge a flat fee of $50 to anywhere in the lower 48. Some folks are charging $45. Sometimes I have to eat part of the shipping cost but only by a buck or two. If your gonna bitch about $5 more in shipping... then maybe you shouldn't be buying the snake in the first place. That makes me wonder how your going to afford the food bill for that animal if you want to moan and groan about a $5 difference between what I charge and what someone like SYR's may charge.

The key is... in a few years I will probably have enough volume to get my prices down as well.... but until then. I will keep doing what Im doing.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
I urge anyone concerned with this to contact your reps immediately! Nicely express your concerns and tell them that the FedEx Reptile Certification is vital to our hobby and businesses! It is very important that we protect the only door to door service available to ship snakes. One foul move with FedEx on SYR's hands could ruin the entire Certification system for everyone. With the existing Certification system, individuals are held responsible for their actions, this will not be the case with SYR.

Email I sent to my FedEx contacts:
(with a copy of the email received from SYR attached)

Quote:
Good afternoon,

I wanted to express my concern with an email received from a company that claims to be a third party reptile shipper with FedEx. The statements made in the email are in direct violation with the Reptile Shipping Waiver I signed with FedEx. ShipYourReptiles.com already lost their UPS contracts because they were dishonest about having a waiver to ship snakes through the company. This has caused issues with another shipper's UPS accounts and in turn, has restricted us who ship snakes from offering an alternative courier to customers. I fear that ShipYourReptiles.com will do the same with FedEx. I do not want my waiver put at risk because of their irresponsibly. The FedEx reptile certification program is a great one. It holds each individual responsible for themselves and a shipper must prove that they understand safe shipping practices before they are permitted to ship at all. Their are plenty of resources online for someone interested in FedEx reptile shipping to learn the process (my own website has a detailed description of what to do). ShipYourReptiles.com has no restrictions, no method to ensure safe shipping procedures are understood. They openly ignore Federal labeling regulations (in their videos) and when questioned about it, brush it off and play dumb. Their has been several complaints in public forums made by customers who were told to lie by ShipYourReptiles.com staff about the contents of their packages to UPS.

I know I am not alone. I urge you to research this matter and bring it to the attention of those who would make such decisions. My hopes are that FedEx continues with the Reptile Shipping waiver program and does not risk all of us for one company.

Thank you for your time,
Stephanie Kunder
Triple Moons Exotic
In regards to rates...TALK TO YOUR REP! Discounts can be negotiated. I can ship from coast to coast for $52 (12x9x6 box) when previously I was paying $75 or better before I talked directly with my rep. You can get better rates, just speak up!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
justindh1
Well now SYR is approved and running with Fed-EX. They say that Fed-EX is allowing them to ship from Residence to Residence now. What makes them so special to be able to do that and everyone else can only ship Business to Business? I wonder if this is a opening for others to be able to change their waivers?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
I know the other thread is a hot-mess and long, but important information has already been posted there in regards to this. Click here.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
ted1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I urge anyone concerned with this to contact your reps immediately! Nicely express your concerns and tell them that the FedEx Reptile Certification is vital to our hobby and businesses! It is very important that we protect the only door to door service available to ship snakes. One foul move with FedEx on SYR's hands could ruin the entire Certification system for everyone. With the existing Certification system, individuals are held responsible for their actions, this will not be the case with SYR.

Email I sent to my FedEx contacts:
(with a copy of the email received from SYR attached)

In regards to rates...TALK TO YOUR REP! Discounts can be negotiated. I can ship from coast to coast for $52 (12x9x6 box) when previously I was paying $75 or better before I talked directly with my rep. You can get better rates, just speak up!

Have you received any responses to this email??

Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #16
TripleMoonsExotic
Follow link in post before yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!