Fedex and UPS compared (infographic) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
vmreptiles
Fedex and UPS compared (infographic)

Fedex and UPS compared infographic I found online.

Original link is here:
Package Fox

Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Focal
I would like to note, at the very top, the picture of the FedEx guy is smiling and the UPS man is frowning. I think reflects highly upon job satisfaction

Old 01-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
bigjej
I've had quite a bit of UPS problems at my new address - they wont drop off packages without a signature - this is even for those without signature required, shipper release, or my written authorization on their infonotice - because the local center supervisor claims i made a claim ( no pun intended ). I never made a claim and after months of back and forths she finally agrees to give me info on said claim and says it was for six garden chairs? WTF? I never ordered chairs online. Anyways this zip code has the best safety rating in the whole NYS according to FBI statistics, and my neighbors have boxes dropped off at their stoops all the time. Their customer service absolutely sucks. Fedex drops boxes here all the time without problem. I've finally taken to writing their corporate offices because unfortunately some companies will only ship UPS which means I end up having to make almost biweekly trips to the local UPS shipping center - 45 minutes roundtrip - which is something I really dont have the time to do. THats my rant folks.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
I would like to note, at the very top, the picture of the FedEx guy is smiling and the UPS man is frowning. I think reflects highly upon job satisfaction
It looks to me like the FedEx guy is trying to hit on the UPS guy and he's horrified...

Old 01-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
figg2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
It looks to me like the FedEx guy is trying to hit on the UPS guy and he's horrified...
I think you might be right!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
Focal
FedEx man: "I'll tell you what brown can do for me"

UPS man: "Dude, no-homo!"

Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
vmreptiles
haha, this thread became awesome.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
kellylake0001
i actually have a legit question? what happens when ups actually finds out your shipping a snake and they dont have the "permits" to ship them through ups

Old 01-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylake0001 View Post
i actually have a legit question? what happens when ups actually finds out your shipping a snake and they dont have the "permits" to ship them through ups
They call from the location the snake is at and give you until the end of business day to pick them up. If you don't pick them up in time they hand them over to animal control. Animal control will then contact you to get the animals and you will likely have to pay a fee to get them back.

I actually had this happen to me with one of my SYR shipments. The fee to retrieve the snakes was somewhere around $160.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
kellylake0001
ouch that sux thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!