Yyyeessss!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Crestedleo
Yyyeessss!!!!

Tonight I got my very first hatchling 5 days early and no heat tape yet! Right now I have him in the incubator in a deli cup with moist paper towel. How long will he be good for in there?

Old 05-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #2
MatthewK
Congrats !!!!

He shoud be okay for a few days, he will live off his yolk. Why dont you use lightrope like we talked about?

Old 05-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
nydrgnldy
Or until you get everything set up you could put him in a medium kritter keeper with an under tank heater.I've used those for leos that are in quarentine (babies).They work pretty well with babies.just make sure you only have the heating pad on a little less than half od the tank.Should be fine till you get set up.
Robin

Old 05-12-2005, 02:25 AM   #4
Manhattan Herps
congrats grant!!

great feeling huh? gotta send me some pictures dude

Old 05-12-2005, 03:28 AM   #5
thesnakecharmer
Awesome! Congratulations! I have eggs incubating right now,, if they hatch, it will be my first babies EVER! When can we see pics?

Old 05-12-2005, 08:45 AM   #6
USAGECKOS
Congrats Grant! Post a picture of the little bundle of joy when you get a chance.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #7
Gregg M
Congratulations Grant...... The new baby should be fine for a couple of days in the incubator.....

Old 05-12-2005, 11:36 AM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
Congrats, and Im sure it will be fine in the incubator for a day or 2 too

last year I used human heating pads and the xlarge critter keeps and tanks with UTH, they worked fine for me, I just upgraded to heat tape this year.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #9
Crestedleo
Thanks guys! Matt, right now I moved him in a sterlite with some light rope curled underneath it, I just didnt think it would get warm enough, but he seems fine, full of piss and vinegar! wow! I never knew that they would hiss that much! ***Pics as soon as he calms down*** LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!