What happened to Superior Enterprise? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Rextiles
What happened to Superior Enterprise?

A few days ago, around March 16, I went to Superior Enterprise's site to price some shipping supplies for my reptiles. Everything seemed in order, the web site was functioning properly, all their product pages loaded. Then today, March 19, I go there to place an order and the site is totally gone, replaced by their Web Hosting company's advertising, the site is completely gone. It's ironic that this happened just days after Shipyourreptiles.com went live. Is there any correlation to this or just mere coincidence? And if it is just coincidence, is Superior Enterprise still around or did they go belly up?

Old 03-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
AncientDNA
Weird
I just received an order from them a few days ago.
Maybe it's something to do with their new website...
I hope that's the case b/c I love S.E.!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Rextiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDNA
Maybe it's something to do with their new website...
Does their new web site have a different URL? This is the URL I was looking at: http://superiorenterprise.com/

Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rextiles View Post
Does their new web site have a different URL? This is the URL I was looking at: http://superiorenterprise.com/
That's the same link I have on file for them too. It looks like the site is down. The domain is still good... doesn't expire until March of next year. Strange. Maybe there is a glitch or maybe there was an IP change and the various internet ISPs haven't caught up yet.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
Wraith
it looks like maybe they are having database problems related to a new website design? When I did a google search for the url I was able to pull up a few cached pages... one of which was nothing but error code. They may have taken the site down to fix whatever problems they are having.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Old 03-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
robyn@Pro Exotics
I heard from Scott at Superior yesterday. They do have a recent new site build, and it has given them some issues here and there. He said they were updating their SSL certificates and stuff like that. Should be back up soon : )

Old 03-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Rextiles
Thanks for the heads up Robyn!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
Salzy
Any other word about this situation at Superior Enterprise? I just checked their website again and it's still down from what I can tell. I need to order my supplies!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
hhmoore
The secured functions are still down, so I wouldn't place online orders yet. You can still call & place an order over the phone.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
Chrisw
There site is back up and running again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!