redtail boa with large cage, worcester ma - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
facedownthedemons
redtail boa with large cage, worcester ma

hes 4+ years old and around 6', comes with 100 gallon tank. PM me for more details, must pick up in worcester

Old 08-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
BeardieMan1776
i would love to take him but how m,uch is he

Old 08-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
facedownthedemons
I have a couple other people interested...right now I'm going by best offer. It says in your information you are 13? not trying to be rude but he's not the best boa for a kid that young, I'm trying to adopt him out to someone who's older

Old 08-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Bob Kite
Quote:
Originally Posted by facedownthedemons
I have a couple other people interested...right now I'm going by best offer.

Are you trying to adopt him out, or are you trying to sell him? Why would you be accepting offers if your just trying to find him a good home? If your trying to sell him, there is a classifieds section on this site where you can list him for sale. I am just curious thats all.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #5
facedownthedemons
I'm trying to get as much money I can for him while I am giving him away. I need the money because I'm going to this high kill dog shelter in CT and want to help as many dogs as I can, they are not vetted or fixed so its expensive. It breaks my heart because they dogs only have 10 days to find a home and then they are put down. Most people in classifieds are looking for/have snakes they can ship out, and I wanted to give him away with his tank if I could. I could try and ship but being a first time shipper I would rather not ship because I don't want anything to happen to him.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:29 AM   #6
Bob Kite
I would try listing him in the classifieds too and just say that it is for pick up only, you might find you'll get more offers on him. In my opinion, it still seems to me that if you are taking offers on him then you are trying sell him. I am by no means telling you what to do, it's just a suggestion. Although it sounds like you have a good cause as far as trying to get as much money out of him as you can, most people who are genuinely interested in adopting an animal are doing it for the wellbeing of the animal. With that said, most people trying to adopt out an animal, are doing it for the same reason. Also, the first sentence in your last post is a contradiction in itself, you can't be "giving him away" and be "trying to get as much money" as you can all at the same time. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding what your saying. How much exactly are you trying to get out of him? is there a bottom dollar?

Old 08-10-2006, 02:05 AM   #7
facedownthedemons
Thanks for the advice. I have many other pets I foster and care for so I don't give him as much attention as I would like to, and that was the reason I finally decided to start looking for another home. It's not just about getting money from him, it was later after I decided to find another home for him that I saw information about all the kill shelters, and wanted to try and get as much as I could to help me with that, Floyd the boa is more of an adoption (being on craigslist-pets a lot with adoptions I believe you should have fees because of all the hoarders out there that look for free animals, and people that resell them), but I mostly want to just get money for his cage recovered, to try and get some money towards the shelter. With the shelter fee, paying someone to give me transportation, then vet costs to fix, give it shots, tests and check ups it gets really expensive so that is why I am trying to get the most I can, but I wouldn't just give him to just anyone even if they offer a lot. I will probably go ahead and later put him in the classifieds, I had put him in craigslist pets too. It's not like "he goes to the highest bidder" type of deal. The people interested have not said a price they would want to pay yet, and I'm not sure what to ask for his cage. Either way he will go to an approved home only

Old 08-10-2006, 05:30 AM   #8
Bob Kite
Quote:
Originally Posted by facedownthedemons
I believe you should have fees because of all the hoarders out there that look for free animals, and people that resell them
I agree with this 100%, there are alot of people out there that take in rescues with nothing but dollar signs in there eyes, BUT, I do not think too many people are willing to pay market value for a rescue either. The market isn't exactly short on adult male normal boas, with that in thought I would put a fair market value of about $100 on an adult normal male. I just do not foresee someone paying market value for a rescue when there are so many cbb animals for the same price. I totally understand the fact that it takes alot of time and money to rescue an animal, I have rescued several snakes in the past that have cost me plenty of money to nurse them back to proper health, and sometimes have wished I could see some of that money back but, I think the reward is knowing that I helped save an animal and helped find them a home where they could live the rest of thier lives stress free. Now I am not saying that you can't charge an adoption fee, but I think if your going to do that then you should have a set fee. I guess what I am trying to say is, if your looking to just find him a good home, then no matter what good intentions your cause may be, you should do just that. You shouldn't be looking for the best offer as it still feels to me you are trying to make a sale. I still think your best bet would be to list him in the classifieds unless you are genuinely just wanting him to go to a good home. These are just my opinions and may or may not reflect those of others.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:31 AM   #9
facedownthedemons
ok.

I know they are not worth much, he is ccb but I wouldn't be asking a lot for him. I said hes more of an adoption with fee (which will be small less than 100 for him). I know I'm losing money, I really don't have much money, but just because I would appreciate a little to help me with other animals, and because I said "best offer" doesn't mean I am trying to sell to the highest bidder, and like I've also said before he will go to an approved him only. I agree I should have a set value but that doesn't mean I am asking market value or a lot of money, no one has yet to tell me what they would like to pay and I don't know what to go by (again not so much for the boa but for the tank also). I know this all too well as with my other rescues where I charge very little and always lose money. My most recent being I have rescued two kittens that had to be bottle fed for a little while and let them go to to a great (approved) home for very little.

If you don't believe I am trying to adopt him out for his well being that is your opinion, and I respect your opinion. I would not ask a lot for him or market value, again I just don't know what to go by. If I knew the value of his tank (I already know the value of himself) then I would ask for less than market value. I adopt out many animals and often lose money, I don't have much and money but is a very important thing in this world and is needed for me to help more animals which is the reality. If it is selling when I would like to get less than market value, to a good home only, to try and get some of the money recovered (not trying to get all), so that I can help more pets than I am guilty.

I would ask you not to continue this unless you feel you have something really important to say, I find it useless to try and prove a point over the internet. No one can really say or understand what the full situation is unless they are experiencing it, and many things are overlooked in writing.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:51 AM   #10
facedownthedemons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kite
I totally understand the fact that it takes alot of time and money to rescue an animal, I have rescued several snakes in the past that have cost me plenty of money to nurse them back to proper health, and sometimes have wished I could see some of that money back but, I think the reward is knowing that I helped save an animal and helped find them a home where they could live the rest of thier lives stress free.
Bob,
That is a very noble thing, which I feel the same way. Just wanted to say the basic misunderstanding was that I said "best offer" which I did not mean taking in the highest offer, I should have said "fare offer" I just wanted any fare offer because I have not yet received any offers at all, only people that are interested. I truly was not looking for market value or to recover all of my cost, but just wasn't sure of what to ask for with him and his cage included that is fare, and it would be appreciated to get as much is fare because when you help out animals money is always needed. You are very right about the set fee, again I just wasn't sure what to ask. I am very picky with new owners and would choose a great home over money any day.
Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread